Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

April 13th, 2008 16:00

Monitor problem

Is there any other way to remove this blue lock symbol from the center of my computer screen other than accessing the OSD menu? The buttons on the front of my monitor will not work, therefore I am not able to access the OSD menu to remove this. HELP!!

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

April 14th, 2008 14:00

sawinger,

* Press and hold menu button for about 30 seconds
or
* Press the volume decrease and channel up buttons on the monitor simultaneously for 30 seconds
or
* Press the volume increase channel up buttons on the monitor simultaneously for 30 seconds
or
* Press and hold down both the power and Menu buttons down for 30 seconds

Whichever one works, a message should appear stating that the OSD and buttons are unlocked.

4 Posts

April 25th, 2008 02:00

I am facing the same problem too, did you find the solution

I am using Dell E171FPb Flat Panel Monitor

A flashing lock-unlock symbol appears on the screen all the times

Blue color reverse (white) padlock in the cente of the screen

4 Posts

April 25th, 2008 02:00

I am facing the same problem

Blue color lock-unlock symbol in the center of the screen

I tried all the buttons, nothing happens

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

April 25th, 2008 03:00

helpfast1,

What specific monitor model?

4 Posts

April 26th, 2008 09:00

Dimension 2400 series

Dell E171FPb Flat Panel Monitor

Buttons on the monitor not responding

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

April 27th, 2008 00:00

helpfast1,

None of the buttons are working?

4 Posts

April 28th, 2008 11:00

Only power button working and the rest are not

1 Message

January 5th, 2010 21:00

Did this ever get figured out? I have the same problem - flashing blue/white padlock (locked/unlocked) and none of the monitor buttons work in any combination for any amount of time held down.....

Help!

1 Message

December 26th, 2011 03:00

Did anyone sort this out

I also have a E171FPb monitor where the only button to work is the power button. It also has the padlock (white on blue background) which cycles between lock and unlock with the occasional period when it just plainly disappears. however just when I think it's sorted it reappears

This monitor does not have volume. Ive tried 30s plus of menu plus every other button including power

I did once get the OSD up by turning monitor off and then holding the menu button down when powering up. but then could not select anything from the OSD. I cannot repeat this however

HELP why throw away a otherwise working monitor?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

January 3rd, 2012 02:00

Hi,I am facing same problem on U2410F monitor, a lock icon shown on the center of the screen, buttons can't work except power button.

Hope your help, thank you!

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

January 3rd, 2012 02:00

After pressing menu about 30 sceconds, there is a unlock icon on screen and lock icon disappeared, but i can't switch screen(of notebook) to the monitor. The mornitor can be identified but no dispaly.

1 Message

May 7th, 2013 10:00

On the Dell P2312H you hold the button above the power button down for 15 seconds.

No Events found!