Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 8th, 2010 18:00

Monitor stand won't go fully up, plus I have one red pixel on display....(dell 2209wa)

Hi, I have a problem, monitor won't go fully up, it's one inch lower than I see on pictures. It was like that when I opened the box, I thought it is normal, now I see on the pictures that it isn't... Is the stand faulty or there is something I could do?

Second problem is that it has one red pixel on it (on white background), but I guess that I won't get return just for that.

I bought it 10 days ago.     

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

October 8th, 2010 19:00

Red/Green/Blue pixel - A pixel that is permanently Red/Green/Blue using a full black or white background. Must have 6 or more to get a replacement.

Look at the side picture here. Push it all the way down, then pull it all the way up.

3 Posts

October 9th, 2010 02:00

Thanks Chris.

Yeah, I guessed that one pixel isn't enough for a replacement. As for the vertical extension, no luck with that either. It won't go fully up after I pushed it down. It goes just 5 centimeters up/down, instead of 10, like shown on those pictures. I there something else I could try?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

October 11th, 2010 07:00

Apply more force.

3 Posts

October 11th, 2010 11:00

No, it wouldn't budge, felt stuck somehow.

However, I fixed it in the meantime. I removed panel from the stand, then I pulled the plate down and let it go up (by itself, springs). Repeated that two or three times, every time it went higher up and now it's fine, just like on the pictures and functions great.

Okay, that one's fixed. As for the pixel; it 'developed' within first one or two hours of operation. When I took initial look, it wasn't there; no stuck/dead pixels... I tried a few of these 'pixel exerciser' programs, with no luck. What's this "LCD Conditioning" menu? How that one works, could I try it? Any other options/thoughts for fixing stuck pixels?                                                     

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

October 11th, 2010 13:00

Let the LCD Conditioning run for an hour and then check the pixel. It might fix it.

No Events found!