Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 4th, 2014 02:00

Monitor stands covered under warranty?

I have bought few dell ultra sharp monitors for my office. One of the monitor stand developed a small problem. It won't lock in place, if I try to adjust the height it would slide down, essentially I can tilt it either as it will drop down. I understand the regular monitor don't have much mechanism so it rarely goes bad but this one got spoiled. Dell support have never handled this problem with ultra sharp so they are saying the stand can never go bad. It's a 5-6month old monitor. Also the website says "Advance Replacement support" however in my case for any support they insisted on taking the monitor for few days & then mail a replacement. I wanted to know if stand is covered? And why I was denied advance replacement for even panel complain.
Cheers Siddharth

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

August 4th, 2014 09:00

The Dell policies in India will be different than here in the USA. There is not a Dell part number for the stand. So Dell India Technical Support would have to replace the WHOLE display. This is why they want you to ship the the whole thing so that they can verify the stand is broken before they ship out an exchange. Of course, this does mean that your replacement monitor will be a refurbished/used panel. There is no way around this.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

August 4th, 2014 11:00

I am curious to know if Dell UltraSharp stand is supported under warranty for defect?
* Yes.

It is very sad that advance exchange is mentioned on the Indian support but they denied even for panel replacement for another monitor.
* They told you to send it back so that they could verify the fault before they exchanged it. That is NOT denying warranty. That is simply due diligence on their part.

August 4th, 2014 11:00

Thanks Chris,

1. I am curious to know if Dell UltraSharp stand is supported under warranty for defect? Mine is just 5-6month old.

2. It is very sad that advance exchange is mentioned on the Indian support but they denied even for panel replacement for another monitor. page.http://www1.ap.dell.com/content/products/compare.aspx/ultraSharp_monitors?c=in&cs=inbsd1&l=en&s=bsd

We went for Dell UltraSharp for its support.

August 4th, 2014 12:00

Clearly this means I am not able to convey the problem with the support  properly. We have been denied replacement because according to support the stand can't develop defects. Also wear and tear is not supported as well.

Now the monitor is around 6months old, If I try to lift the monitor up it slides down. This is a bigger problem when you rotate it to portrait, it simply touches down. I think the stand is not locking at place, I am not sure if any plastic parts are involved or it is caused dude to wear and tear but 6months is too less.

I am not worried about one monitor but we have to buy lots more and clarity on what is supported and what is not would be great. 

If you could guide me how to put this across to support it would be great.

Thanks.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

August 5th, 2014 08:00

Just send the whole thing back to Dell. They will test it and validate that the stand is broken. They will then replace the whole thing.

No Events found!