Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

May 25th, 2006 19:00

New Thread for 2007WFP banding issue discussions

It seems the original thread to discuss this has been shut down.

If you didn't see it, Chris M. has posted a new message.  Anyone care to evaluate what it means?  I.e. banding in modes besides desktop??

>>>>

Sorry for the long wait. We do have a fix in place. Dell has a firmware update that adjusts the ACC (Adaptive Color and Contrast) & ACM (Active Color Management) features, eliminating the banding issue when using the Desktop mode. All of these monitors have three display modes: Desktop, Multimedia and Gaming. The firmware turns off Faroudja video processing in Desktop mode. It remains enabled in the other two modes. Essentially, the updated firmware allows users to choose whether they want the Faroudja video processing feature on or off. I understand your time is valuable. I will private message all of you with details in the next day or two. Please update your forum profile.

Message Edited by shamusss_2000 on 05-25-200603:29 PM

Message Edited by shamusss_2000 on 05-25-200603:29 PM

4 Posts

May 25th, 2006 20:00

Just purchased one of these monitors, want to be added to that list, thanks

167 Posts

Greetings, I'm new to the Dell Forums but that's not very important.

I've been looking at buying this monitor for some time and I have been waiting patiently for this fix. I'm very curious however: will the removal of Faroudja video processing reduce image quality of the monitor? I wanted this monitor because it has good quality at a reasonable price, but I fear this "fix" may hurt the quality. Plus I'm a bit dissapointed that only 'desktop mode' is fixed, I'm I correct in assuming the other modes still exhibit banding?

Thank you for your time, and I look forward to a response as I'm going to try and order a monitor this week.

Chris M - In case it isn't already obvious, I need to be on the PM list too =)
Order # and Customer # are in. Is it sufficient for people to put this info in thier profiles and reply to this thread, or should they PM you to be added to the list?
Thanks

Message Edited by DaveMonitorGuy on 05-25-200605:02 PM

15 Posts

Thanks Chris for the responses.  I updated my profile as well, please add me to your list.

If it is even known right now, will we receive temporary monitors for the interim while ours are being flashed?  For example, would we notify Dell if we have an affected monitor, they send us a temporary one, and once that is received we ship off our original monitor?

8 Posts

Please add me to the pm list.

thanks

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

dankie,

Why are we being contacted by IM to be told how to receive it? Why not just post the details in the forum?
* We don't want users order numbers posted on a public forum. By updating the profile (First Name, Last Name, Service Tag if monitor is tied to a system, Order Number if monitor was purchased as a stand alone, Customer Number) I can more easily track the data.

skipperloo,

May I suggest making the solution public as opposed to through private messages so that those who haven't posted anything can see the solution as well?
* Those users should sign up for a Forum account, update the profile and ask me to add them to the list.

Savoire,

Does this firmware update concern only the 2007WFP or also the 2007FP?
* It applies to both.

Vlawde,

Will orders put in from now on get the already-corrected version of it?
* Understand that we have monitors enroute that must be flashed. Plus, we have to flash the monitors in our hubs so it is going to take some time. Know that any customer who receives a non-flashed monitor must follow my locked instructions to get a new flashed monitor and notify me.

2 Posts

I've been lurking, but I've registered to say that I need a PM for the banding and blurry text fix.  I have a 2007FP and the manual seems to indicate that it doesn't have a service tag, only a serial number to refer it for service.   I've added that to my forum registration.

2 Posts

Please add me to the list also. I just received my monitor today, and it is exhibiting the same banding issues being discussed.

Thanks!

48 Posts

I think by update your profile he meant add the dell service tag of the 2007FPW to your profile, there should be a section for that somewhere.

57 Posts

Add me to the firmware fix notice, please.

I saw the Desktop/Multimedia/Gaming mode option in the monitor, but did not understand what it meant. The only thing I could infer from it is that in one mode, it would remember all of your settings, then you could change to another mode and set settings again. Kinda useless if it has to be accessed through a OSD.

Either way, if the Firware update makes it so that Desktop mode disables the Faroudja effect, then that's the mode I'll be keeping my monitor in.

I have updated my profile with my IM info. Please add me to the PM list. Thanks for your time and hard work Chris!

1 Message

I just received my 2007WFP today, and I too have the gradient banding problem.

I would appreciate being added to the PM list so that this issue can be resolved as quickly as possible, thanks!

Please add me to your PM list. All the info is in my profile.

57 Posts

Even the Dell website doesn't discern what the 3 different modes (Desktop/Multimedia/Gaming) are designed for.... they simply state

Desktop - Mode suitable for desktop applications
Multimedia - Mode for multimedia playback, eg video playback
Gaming - Mode suitable for gaming applications

WTH does THAT mean!?!?

1 Message

May 25th, 2006 21:00

Well I happened onto this forum and to be honest "Chris M" seems to be the only person at Dell that is even aware of this "FIX".Besides "ChrisM" who do I talk to.
No Events found!