Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 9th, 2015 01:00

P2414H, monitor replaced under Dell Premium Panel Guarantee

Hi,

I just bought a P2414H panel from Mwave, an Australian online retailer. I immediately noticed a small horizontal line of bright stuck pixels, visible on any dark background, as well as some faint vertical lines, visible on a light background. I've done the monitor self-test and built-in diagnostics with no input attached, and the problem is still there, so it's clearly not an input issue. I just spoke to customer service and provided the invoice and photos. He said it was a physical issue and I needed to contact the retailer for an order number for the monitor. I'm not sure about this as the sticky here under 'Purchased from resellers'  does not mention needing an order number, just the serial number. Anyway, I thought I'd post here too so I can be sure of how best to proceed. I sent off an email to the retailer asking for an order number but haven't heard back yet.

* What is the 20 digit alpha-numeric monitor serial number? 
CN-09T3PC-74261-4CB-39PB
* What is the revision number (A00, A01, etc.) ? REV A05

edit 1:

I should mention that the monitor has no Service Tag.

edit 2:

Q How do I get a replacement monitor?
A Your Limited Warranty covers your monitor against defective parts and workmanship. If you experience a part failure during your Limited Warranty period, we'll first troubleshoot the system with you over the phone. If your issue is identified as a bright pixel after phone-based troubleshooting, Dell will ship you a replacement unit the next business day.

This is the relevant part of the Dell Premium Panel policy.

March 9th, 2015 05:00

Here's a close up of the problem. The line is just under a cm.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

March 9th, 2015 06:00

The FAQ applies to you and Dell Australia Order Support should follow the worldwide policy. Or simply return the monitor to Mwave and buy directly from Dell to assure you get a new monitor, Dell Order and Customer number.
* Because you purchased the monitor by itself from a reseller, you must follow these instructions
* Save the invoice from the store
* If you ever need a monitor replacement, you will need to contact Customer Service via phone (not Technical Support) for your country
* You will provide to them via email or fax a picture or PDF of the original invoice showing us the purchase date, and your information. If you lose the original invoice, we will not warranty the monitor
* Tell them to refer to "Dell Monitor Replacement Policy and Procedure - Dell Global Policy Article ID: PNP13081" for guidelines on monitor replacement when the customer is unable to provide a Dell Order number.

Issue = Scenario 7: The customer is unable to provide a Dell Order Number or system Service Tag because the customer purchased the monitor from a retailer. The only information the customer has is the PPID serial number for the monitor.

Discussion = The warranty will be 3 years starting from the embedded date in the monitor PPID serial number.

Solution = Set up the monitor replacement against the dummy tag.

March 9th, 2015 07:00

Hi Chris, thanks for the reply.

I actually read out that entire passage to the support rep when I called, but he wasn't interested. He insisted I needed to get an order number because it was a 'physical issue'. Do bright pixels count as a physical issue?

I'd prefer not to return it to Mwave because the shipment costs across Australia are rather high (I'm in Perth on the West coast, most retailers are far away on the more populated East coast).

I might try calling again tomorrow and hope to get a more receptive support rep. Would I be justified in insisting that they follow the quoted policy, no matter what else they say?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

March 9th, 2015 08:00

The "Dell Premium Panel Guarantee" applies to this monitor. Yes, they should follow the Dell worldwide exchange policy.

March 18th, 2015 01:00

Hi,

So over the past week I've spoken a number of times to Dell customer service. The most recent calls have lasted about an hour each, and have been extremely frustrating. Essentially, the issue boils down to the fact that I do not have a Dell Order Number, having not purchased the monitor directly from Dell. Without that, nobody is able to assist me. I am trapped in a bureaucratic , endlessly emailing invoices, searching for non-existent numbers, and reading out information from the 'No Service Tag? Exchange instructions?' sticky. Customer service refers me to technical support, and technical supports refers me back to customer service. I asked to speak to a supervisor, but without a Dell Order number, they said they couldn't do that. How can I get Dell to honor their monitor guarantee? I followed the instructions in the sticky to the letter, to no avail.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

March 18th, 2015 06:00

We in the USA cannot "force" Dell Australia to do anything. If Dell Australia refuses to help, your only recourse is to return it to the reseller. You cannot escalate using the "Unresolved Issues Form" because you did not buy from Dell and do not have a Dell order number or customer number.

March 19th, 2015 02:00

Hi Chris, thanks for the reply.

I wasn't implying that anyone should force Dell Australia to do anything, I was just wondering what other options I had to pursue.

I've now managed to get the order number off the retailer, so hopefully I should be ok. Might I suggest that the sticky thread be amended to include a suggestion to first contact the retailer for the original Dell Order number? It would have saved me a lot of time talking on the phone.

Regards,

Simon

No Events found!