Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 19th, 2017 20:00

P2416D, making a very slight squeal sound when turned off (but still plugged in)

Hello, my P2416D monitor is making a very faint squealish sound when turned off but still plugged in. I have two of these monitors and have had them since 06/2015 and 05/2016. One of them seems to be a little louder than the other, but again it is very faint. Is this normal? I honestly am not sure if they have always made the sound or not, but I have noticed it in the last couple days. It is a constant sound that I only notice when everything else in my room is quiet. I should add, when I turn the monitors on the sound goes away (seems backwards right?). I have tried changing power cables, changing which plug they go into on the surge protector, and have tried plugging directly into wall - nothing changes. Is there any way to address this sound? If not, is it normal? Should I be worried of any critical failures?

Thanks

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

December 20th, 2017 06:00

Post a video allowing us to "hear" the noise. We will then tell you if it is within the manufacturer specifications for noise.

December 20th, 2017 14:00

Thanks the the reply, here is a link (below) to a video I took (I apologize if you hear any street noise). Might need to turn volume up a bit. At 14 seconds in I turn on the monitor in question and you should be able to hear the noise stop.

https://youtu.be/sPGtZ5ebaIw

My 2nd monitor also makes the sound but is quieter.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

December 21st, 2017 06:00

I and the Displays Team agree, it is within the manufacturer specifications for noise.

No Events found!