Go to Solution

Closed

1 Rookie

• 

2 Posts

April 5th, 2022 20:00

P2422H, MacBook Pro M1, flickering grid

Hey folks,

I have a MacBook Pro M1 16" connected to a Dell P2422H. I have this weird grid/pattern that is flickering/animating on specific colors. It can be seen in grays, blues, whites, and other colors.

Here  and here are the closest videos that I found online that shows the issue.

Changing the contrast setting in the monitor OSD helps with some colors, but it makes it worse for other colors. Changing the color profile in the settings has the same effect.

I've tried connecting the monitor using an HDMI to HDMI cable, DisplayPort cable to a USB-C adapter, HDMI to USB-C cable, and the issue still persists. Please note that the monitor has RGB mode already enabled.

The issue doesn't happen on the same monitor using a Windows or Ubuntu laptop.

Is this a known issue with M1, or is it an issue in the P2422H?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

April 6th, 2022 08:00

Concerning your macOS issue, per the "Dell monitor, Apple FAQ", none of the Dell D/E/G/P/S/SE/Alienware monitors have macOS support from Dell.

You might want to post the issue on the Apple Forum to see if other Apple users can offer some macOS troubleshooting steps.

(edited)

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

March 27th, 2024 22:14

Good evening. So I was experiencing the same problem with my MacBook Pro 13 M2 (2022). I have tried a few tricks (e.g. tried to change the cable) but nothing helped. However, switching to Color LCD color profile apparently solved the issue for me!

(edited)

1 Rookie

• 

2 Posts

June 27th, 2022 12:00

Hi @leogouvea,

Nothing fixed the issue, so you are probably stuck with it. It's pretty strange that a monitor from the P series isn't compatible with MacOS, and that you have to deduce this information from the Dell drivers' page, but it's what it's.

2 Posts

Hi there! I'm having the same issue.

Were u able to fix it?

Thanks!

2 Posts

Thanks for your reply! I'm gonna give it back and ask for a refund.

• 

25.7K Posts

June 27th, 2022 13:00

Hi,

Thank you for writing to us here about the order. I get how upsetting it can be for anyone to be in a situation like this.

I'll have this checked & help you with the details.

Request you to share the order number & registered name used on the order for verification reasons via PM.

-Anita

• 

25.7K Posts

June 29th, 2022 11:00

Hi,

I've not heard from you on the reported issue. Do share the order number along with the registered name used via PM.

I'll check & see what best can be done.

-Anita

1 Message

August 25th, 2022 10:00

I am the big fan of Dell P series since 2014. Today, I have purchased Dell P2422H today and when connect it to my MacBook Pro M1 I have the same issue. The flickering grid appeared on Grey and Light Blue background, change the Color profile to others can partially solve the problem because it will make flickering grid on other colors. Very disappointed.

1 Message

January 26th, 2024 14:30

Still not solved?  DP = DP I would think

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

July 18th, 2024 07:00

I also got this lovely monitor (P2422H) and trying to connect it to my macbook Pro M3.

This is just not working. Spent additional money to get connectors to see if this will work. Apparently, nothing is working and very frustrating.

The customer support for this was also very bad.

Did anyone find a solution for this one?

Please post it.

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

September 8th, 2024 02:36

@Pietro1997​ this had been bugging me for a while on my P2422H with MBP and switching the color profile worked! Thank you! 

No Events found!