Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

L

March 25th, 2014 11:00

P2714T Touch screen

Hi there,

Today I received my beautiful P2714T multi-touch monitor. It works perfectly, hub (keyboard plugged in monitor works perfectly), software it all works fine. It just won't respond to touch. I have connected it to a Windows 7 HP-laptop on which I also installed the touch program which Windows 7 needs to be able to use touch equipment. Windows 7 says I now have the option for pen and touch, it's all switched on. So Windows 7 thinks it should function. I'm not getting any hardware issues and in control panel / devices it gives my an icon in the category unknown for Cooltouch, unfortunately googling for this gives me a lot of hits, but to my opinion not the ones I look for. So it seems it should all work, it just doesn't. Any hints?

Kind regards,
Linda

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

March 26th, 2014 08:00

* The Touch capability is innate in the operating system. The drivers we post on our File Library are not Touch, they are only INF/ICM/CAT

* Be sure that the monitor USB Upstream cable is connected from the bottom of the monitor and the other end connected to a USB port on the computer
* Make sure that the Control Panel -System & Security -System -Device Manager -HID touch device is recognized as shown below:
HID-compliant device
Microsoft Input Configuration Device
USB Input Device

* Run the Windows Control Panel -Hardware & Sound -Tablet PC -Calibrate

* If the Calibrate does not see the monitor;
* Open the Control Panel- System and Security- Administrative Tools
* Open up the Services link
* Scroll down to "Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Pane Service", "TouchInputService", "Tablet PC Input Service", or "Biometric Service". If it is not enabled - enable it
* Right click on it, select Properties
* Change Startup type to Automatic
* Click Apply
* Right click it and select Start. Give it a second to start and then run the Windows Control Panel -Hardware & Sound -Tablet PC -Calibrate

15 Posts

December 1st, 2015 07:00

I too am seeing this CoolTouch(TM) System (on "USB Input Device") in the "Unspecified" section of the Devices and Printers page of my Control Panel.

I have a Dell S2240T touchscreen display monitor on my XPS PC.

The monitor USB Upstream cable is connected from the bottom of the monitor to a USB port on the computer.

Device Manager shows a bunch of HID-compliant devices.

The touchscreen display monitor is working perfectly.

I would just like to find out if this CoolTouch(TM) System (on "USB Input Device") in the "Unspecified" section of the Devices and Printers is linked to Dell.

15 Posts

December 1st, 2015 08:00

Do Cooloiuch make monitors for Dell?

www.cooltouchmonitors.com

15 Posts

December 1st, 2015 08:00

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

December 1st, 2015 12:00

Unknown. Use the process of elimination to find out. With the Device Manager opened showing the Unspecified device, disconnect one USB cable at a time from the computer to see which cable causes the unspecified device to disappear from the Device Manager.

No Events found!