Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 13th, 2017 14:00

P2715Q, MacBook Pro, freeze on wake up

I have a 2015 Macbook Pro connected to my recent Dell P2715Q monitor with DisplayPort connection. The monitor displays well during normal operation but when I sleep my notebook and wake it later, I come back and my notebook is frozen. After several calls and a visit to the Apple Store they were unable to find an issue with my computer. We tested with a Apple Display in their store and there was no issue. Is there a firmware update for the monitor? I'm fairly certain the issue is the Dell causing my notebook to freeze. Help! So frustrating!

T

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

May 17th, 2017 10:00

Unfortunately, as you can see in the image below taken directly from the P2715Q page, the Apple proprietary operating system and hardware were not tested/validated by Dell.

The Apple store should have tested your 2015 Macbook Pro on a Dell monitor to try to replicate the issue. We have no idea as to what in the Apple operating system is failing when coming out of sleep mode. You should post on the Apple Support Communities and see if they can offer some insight or troubleshooting steps.

July 31st, 2018 21:00

Found this article...turned off the DDC/CI

July 31st, 2018 21:00

I have the same issue....

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

August 1st, 2018 11:00

By disabling DDC/DI in the monitor OSD (On Screen Display) -Others. Did that fix the issues?

No Events found!