2 Posts

July 12th, 2020 11:00

P2719H, HP laptop, charger connected, HDMI issue

Hello everyone,

I have an HP Pavilion Gaming 15-ec0024nm laptop =
8PK23E AMD Picasso Ryzen 7 3750H Quad Core Processor
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti

Since I bought this P2719H, I am suffering from the following problem =

When I connect the laptop and monitor with the HDMI cable, the whole image is deformed (see image in attachment), the computer freezes and retards. This is happening ONLY when the laptop is connected to the charger.  If the charger is disconnected, everything works perfectly fine.  I've tried connecting the laptop charger with a cable that does not have a grounding wire and it still does not work. I've tried using the same cable for the monitor, and also no luck.

IMG_20200712_200724.jpg

IMG_20200712_200930.jpg

9 Legend

• 

14K Posts

July 12th, 2020 15:00

@Rasko65  Just as a single test, have you tried just getting a different HDMI cable? If that doesn’t change anything, can you try connecting the display to some other source device, such as a cable TV box or streaming device? Or can you try connecting your laptop to a different HDMI display (or an HDMI TV)?

If you can’t test any of that in order to isolate the problem, then it sounds like your HP system may have some strange electrical issue where having an external power source connected affects the HDMI output.

2 Posts

July 13th, 2020 12:00

Thank you for your help!

I just tested connecting my HP laptop to Sony TV and the same issue occurs unfortunately. I also tried Dell monitor with a Macbook and another Lenovo laptop but it worked perfectly.

Guess the problem is with the HP laptop now.

No Events found!