Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 14th, 2010 13:00

Rapid Movement Causes "Image Trail" on U2410

Friends,

I wonder if anyone can explain to me the cause of the kind of "image trail" that sometimes appears on my new U2410 when I grab a window with my mouse and move it quickly.  I didn't notice this with my previous, smaller monitor (1907FPc).  I have a Dell Dimension 5150, 4 GB RAM, Pentium D CPU 2.80GHz, NVIDA GeForce 7300 LE video card, DVI connection.

Does the U2410 place more demand on the system?  Do I need a new CPU, or a better video card?  Suggestions appreciated.

This image is an especially bad example.  It is seldom this bad, and typically would not stay visible long enough to do a screed capture, but I do notice it from time to time, most often when I'm running a resource intensive application like Adobe Lightroom.

Thanks in advance!

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

March 15th, 2010 07:00

* Right click the Desktop
* Click Properties
* Click Appearance
* Click Effects
* Remove the check from Show windows contents while dragging
* Click OK- Apply- OK

1 Rookie

• 

13 Posts

March 17th, 2010 22:00

Thanks, Chris.  This seems to eliminate that trailing effect.  My further question, however, was, "Does the U2410 place more demand on the system?  Do I need a new CPU, or a better video card?"

In other words, I didn't ever notice this effect with my older Dell monitor, so I'm wondering if I should consider a new video card, if this monitor somehow is more processor-intensive.  Advice appreciated.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

March 18th, 2010 07:00

If it all works now, then I do not know if I would spend money upgrading the video card. Ask the guys here which viceo card they went to on this PC model.

No Events found!