Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

March 28th, 2007 07:00

Red Pixels / Flashing Lines on 2407 FPW

I purchased a 2407 FPW Rev. A03 about 4 months back and was using a 6800 GS Card With DVI connection. everyting was working well unless i bought a Leadtek 8800 GTS Video Card. These are my findings : 1. I get occasional Red Pixels (1 pixel wide) and some Red/Green lines flashing on the screen depending on color. 2. No problem at resolution 1280 x 1024 or lower. only problem comes at higher resolutions. 3. No problem with VGA Input ( I use a VGA Adapter on DVI Port. But problem is there with DVI - DVI Connection on both DVI ports. 4. No problem at Desktop which i am running at 1920 x 1200 @ 60 32 bit. 5. Problem mainly with Games / Movies 6. I think either it is a DVI Cable Quality problem / or Sync Error with the Graphics Card. I have already got two sllepless nights over the issue. Kindly help me cause i am a complete noob with Comp. Hardware.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

March 28th, 2007 12:00

bollywood,

Try this and post back the results.

* Press the Menu button to enter the On Screen Display OSD
* Go to Color Settings
* Choose PC Customer Color
* Change Red, Green, and Blue to 85

5 Posts

March 28th, 2007 17:00

@Chris, Tried the suggestion , but did'nt work. same red pixels

5 Posts

March 29th, 2007 07:00

Update : Tried turning off / (and then ON) the monitor while playing game and the problem was solved except only one or two pixels (red pixels)that i could see. so what seems to be the problem ? Sync error ?? Any solution to this ?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

March 29th, 2007 15:00

* Push the Menu button
* Use the plus or minus buttons to choose Display Settings
* Push the Menu button
* Use the plus or minus buttons to choose Reset to Default Display Settings
* Push the Menu button
* Use the plus or minus buttons to choose Exit Menu
* Push the Menu button

Check the monitor out.

1 Message

December 10th, 2009 15:00

I have the exact problem on an external monitor. I have already replaced the video card, cabling and swapped monitors, but the DVI monitor in the dual setup gets the red pixels everywhere with flashing horizontal lines. The screen is fine until a Window or background is changed. It also happened when I flashed the BIOS so that suggests it isn't a setting in the operating system....

No Events found!