Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

L

March 20th, 2016 16:00

S2340T touch screen problem. stuck on a spot and keeps hitting itself

Not sure how to describe this, but my S2340T will spontaneously have a cursor jump to the bottom central screen and start firing on one of the task bar icons opening a program over and over again. I will move the mouse cursor away and then it jumps right back there again. Almost instantly.

When I reboot it will stop but then will start up again. I have tried cleaning the screen but it will start up again.

It is not often and there is no temporal relation to any activities of which I am aware.

Thank you in advance.

Sal

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

March 22nd, 2016 17:00

Most likely not a hardware fault, more of driver or calibration. The operating system should offer a way to re-calibrate the Touch.

* Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. If you are using a mouse, point to the upper right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, and then click Search
* Enter calibrate in the search box, tap or click Settings, and then tap or click Calibrate the screen for pen or touch input to open Tablet PC Settings
* Check that the monitor shown in the Display field matches the screen you want to calibrate
* Tap or click Calibrate
* Touch your finger on the screen at that center of black cross until the cross moves
* The pointer moves to fifteen further positions in sequence for the first calibration and three further positions in sequence if previous calibration data is stored
* Store the calibrated data to complete the touch screen calibration procedure

1 Rookie

• 

29 Posts

March 22nd, 2016 21:00

Thank you Chris. I will try as you suggest.

At first I thought it might just be dirty there and I cleaned it but was just checking is=f it might be a driver. I did not think it was the hardware. I will try the calibration as you suggest.

Again, thank you.

Sal

No Events found!