Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 5th, 2014 17:00

S2440L Missing Power Cables

I recently purchased a refurbished S2440L Dell monitor and it arrived without any cables. There was a sheet in the monitor box that stated that this was a replacement monitor and that I should already have the cables but this is not the case. I can only assume that Dell accidentally shipped me a replacement monitor when I in fact purchased a refurbished monitor that should come with all the components of a new monitor including cables. I am only concerned about the power cables since I have video cables. I talked with customer service once and was recommended three different video cables. The representative seemed unable to understand that these cables would do me little good if I could not turn the monitor on. I next tried to contact customer service via instant messaging and was told that this monitor did not come with power cables. I have looked this up and found it to not be true. He tried to have me purchase a power cable which turned out to be the wrong cable. The third attempt they said I was right and that I should have been sent a power cable and adapter but that I once again needed to call customer service... Any advice? I really am not looking forward to talking to 10 different people over the course of an hour and a half and getting the wrong cord recommended to me again.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

July 5th, 2014 22:00

The agents are wrong. The Dell Outlet used/refurbished monitors do come from our replacement stock. But, all Dell Outlet monitor purchases SHOULD ship with the same cables that ship on a NEW purchased monitor. Customer Care should ship you the following cables free of any charges =
GXYHH AC Adapter
5120P Power cord
KJG8P VGA cable

No Events found!