Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 23rd, 2014 17:00

S2440L only outputs audio to right side?

I've owned this monitor for a few months, and recently it has stopped sending out audio to left speaker (left side for headphones). The right side only works now. I have tried everything from plugging in different HDMI cables in from different sources (laptop, xbox) and changing from plugging in my speakers in the back to plugging in my headphones. I have also tried doing a factory reset on the monitor but nothing appears to work. Is there any other way to fix this?

Thanks for any help.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

January 24th, 2014 06:00

csf101,

There is nothing in the monitor that controls the audio into it from the computer HDMI. The monitor HDMI in and audio out port are a simple pass through. It is all controlled from the sources. The User's Guide does state that headphone usage is not supported for the audio line out connector. So test speakers. You need to go into each sources HDMI settings and make sure their HDMI audio out is set correctly.

1 Message

May 4th, 2015 23:00

Hey,

I'm running into the same problem with my monitor. I tested the speakers with direct input to the computer,  speakers work fine.  It is just when running through the monitor (through any device that connects to the monitor) that I only get the right channel.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

May 5th, 2015 06:00

Get it exchanged. If the replacement has the same issue, it cannot be a monitor fault.

No Events found!