Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

September 8th, 2018 09:00

S2716DG, HDMI from capture cards won't display

I am trying to do a pass through from a capture card to the HDMI on the monitor and am not able to get any signal. I have tested direct from the gaming system and it works fine, and I have tried from the capture card to my TV and it works. I have also tried two different capture cards now and have the same issue. It only seems to be an issue from the Capture card to the monitor through the HDMI. Could there be a signaling issue, or something causing the system to not read the correct refresh? (G-Sync problem or something). Is there a firmware update or anything that I can do with the monitor to get this working?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

September 8th, 2018 13:00

If I understood that correctly, the fact that the S2716DG HDMI in port functions when connected directly to the gaming system, means that the fault is not with the S2716DG.

* What PC model?
* What operating system?
* What capture cards?
* Are these external capture cards?
* Or are they capture cards that you installed onto the PC motherboard?

September 8th, 2018 15:00

I don't necessarily think it is the fault of the monitor or that the monitor HDMI is not working, but I am trying to determine why the video signal from the Capture device works to a TV but not to the Monitor.  

I tried two different capture devices (USB 3.0) and the capture portion works fine, so the device works, and the output of the device to the TV works, but does not to the Monitor.  I hope that helps.

Could this be an issue with the HDMI and the G-Sync?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

September 9th, 2018 17:00

No idea. Have you posted the issue on the specific manufacturer capture card Forums to see what other capture card owners say? I am not aware of Dell testing capture cards in our PC and monitors.

No Events found!