I recently started noticing flicking in my S2716DG 144Hz Gaming monitor while playing Overwatch. This happens really quickly that it is hard to catch by the naked eye but is still noticeable while playing. I was able to capture this issue on my phone where the screen goes completely black for less than a second. I have been using this S2716DG for about 6 months and started noticing them recently. Is this a S2716DG issue? How do I fix this?
My Configuration is:
Windows 10 64-bit, AMD Ryzen 7 2700 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM, ASUS Prime X470 Pro Motherboard, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD, Nvidia RTX 2080 6GB GDDR6
My Video Settings:
Overwatch: High Settings
Monitor: 144Hz, 2560x1440 (No G-Sync)
Drivers all up to date.
Here is the video recording of the issue.
* For my Dell notes, click my name and private message me the S2716DG service tag number and 20 digit alphanumeric serial number
* That does not make sense. If you are running at 144Hz, G-Sync HAS to be on?
* Test all other S2716DG Hz settings (60Hz/85Hz/100Hz/120Hz)
* What other games show this issue?
I have added my feedback below for your questions.
1. For my Dell notes, click my name and private message me the S2716DG service tag number and 20 digit alphanumeric serial number.
Ans: Please see your Inbox for the above info.
2. That does not make sense. If you are running at 144Hz, G-Sync HAS to be on?
Ans: No, G-sync is turned Off. If I turn on G-Sync then I will be capped to 60Hz which I do not prefer. Whole point of buying this monitor was to play games at 144Hz frame rate.
3. Test all other S2716DG Hz settings (60Hz/85Hz/100Hz/120Hz).
Ans: I'll do that today once I reach home.
4 What other games show this issue?
Ans: I haven't tried any other games. I usually only play Overwatch. I also reduced my settings to complete low settings but the issue still persisted. But I will try Dota, CS:GO, Apex Legends and WOW today once and give you more feedback.
Please let me know if you have any more questions.
I tried playing on 100Hz and 120Hz and did not notice any flickering behavior with the screen. It only happened while using 144Hz. Please advice.
Then I would test different Nvidia RTX 2080 drivers going back several versions to see if the 144Hz issue still happens. By the way, the service tag owner is still in Best Buy name.