Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

G

May 23rd, 2017 14:00

S2716DG, vertical yellow lines on right half of screen visible with brighter gray colors

I just discovered some vertical yellow-ish looking lines. the defect is literally only on the right half the of screen and it looks like its stops perfectly in the middle straight down the screen. the lines only show with brighter grayish looking colors. like clouds. I cant see them at all with a darker wallpaper. when I got this monitor I used a darker wallpaper so I may have had this problem from the very beginning. I just reinstalled windows cause I built a new pc so I changed wallpapers. thats why I'm noticing the problem now. its 6 months old. I got it on dell outlet so it only had a 90 day warranty :(.  I still paid a lot of money for this monitor. I tried using a hdmi cable instead of display port.  I also tried using my PCs onboard video instead of my video card.  made no difference. heres a picture and two videos I took showing the issue:

http://i.imgur.com/683gqEO.jpg

www.youtube.com/watch

9 Posts

May 24th, 2017 12:00

oh my gosh, doing the hard reset actually fixed it.  should have done that before posting.  my bad.

9 Posts

May 24th, 2017 18:00

does anyone know what caused this?  is it a sign of the monitor going bad?

Community Manager

• 

2.4K Posts

May 25th, 2017 16:00

Thanks for all of the updates. I am glad you were able to get it working but let me check into this. 

9 Posts

June 1st, 2017 00:00

Brad L did you find anything?

Community Manager

• 

2.4K Posts

June 6th, 2017 12:00

Hi Gabe,

Sorry for missing your reply. I checked with Chris (Board Manager for the Monitors section) and he let me know that you should be all set since the reset worked. 

Best regards,

Brad

No Events found!