Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

5 Posts

August 16th, 2020 02:00

S2721DGF, no cold boot video with DisplayPort

Hi,

I have a problem that I don't understand with this S2721DGF AMD FreeSync monitor with G-Sync compatibility and how to fix it:

I have the PC connected with DisplayPort and when I start cold, the boot is not seen (the message "No DP signal from your device. Enter Power Save Mode" comes out.

As soon as the windows starts, the video magically appears.

If I press reset (immediately after cold power up), the boot shows.

With the HDMI instead, there is no such problem. With the old monitor (Dell U2312HM) I didn't have this problem with the DisplayPort.

In the monitor there is no option to disable the power saving and I also tried to set the DisplayPort from 1.4 to 1.1 but nothing has changed.

The video card is a 2014 GeForce 750 Ti and I also updated the firmware as recommended here
but nothing has changed anyway.

I also tried to change some settings in the bios, but nothing.

• 

25.1K Posts

August 16th, 2020 03:00

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work towards a resolution. In the meantime, you may also receive assistance or suggestions from the community members.

5 Posts

August 19th, 2020 00:00

Unfortunately this monitor does not have the DEEP SLEEP option in the menu (in other Dell monitor models it is present).

So there is no possibility to deactivate it ...and apparently, as Dell support experts say, it is not not even possible to implement it in a future firmware update of the monitor.

So it seems that the problem has no solution ... other than trying to change video card unfortunately ...

5 Posts

August 19th, 2020 14:00

I asked the technical support who replied me:

"That's the design and we do not have option to add the deep sleep mode."

August 19th, 2020 14:00

I just bought the same 3 of these monitors and am having the same issue. I was hoping that Dell would release a firmware update that allows disabling the Deep Sleep feature. Where did you hear that they can't do it?

5 Posts

August 31st, 2020 10:00

Your card doesn't support UEFI DP1.4, if you switch to HDMI2.0 it will show the BIOS.

5 Posts

August 31st, 2020 12:00

Maybe I did not say it clear enough.. My card SHOWS the BIOS if I reboot the PC Only at COLD not shows nothing....but after the first boot, the following reboot show the bios correctly So the problem is definitely, in my opionion, related to the monitor which remains in energy saving and does not correctly receive the impulse to wake up ...

2 Posts

September 8th, 2020 04:00

Had the same issue this morning. Black screen after turning on my PC, screen power led was white (not flashing). I had to use "Reset Button" on my PC to reboot and fix the problem. Not an elegant solution.

I have an AMD RX5600XT card and use a DP 1.4 cable to connect to the monitor.

5 Posts

September 8th, 2020 05:00

In the meantime I changed the video card Nnow I have a Radeon RX550, but the problem still remains. But I noticed that if I turn on the monitor first and then the PC, the screen shows the boot (even if right with 1 second delay). If instead I turn on the PC first and then the monitor, the screen during boot is black. With the old Dell U2312HM monitor instead I didn't have all these problems ... mah

1 Message

October 2nd, 2020 04:00

I also have the same problem on win10 with a GTX970 graphic card.

I have to power off PC and the monitor and cut the power cord for a minute to get it working again.

Hopefully we will see a fix for this.

2 Posts

October 2nd, 2020 06:00

Still trying to resolve this issue. 

As it is random, it's hard to reproduce and do some tests.

On my PC, after a cold boot, when this issue occurs, screen stays black but my keyboard and mouse also

After reading tons of tech. threads, it seems to be an issue caused by RAM speed and XMP profile. Even with certified 3600Mhz RAM sticks, we can run into Cold Boot problem (no display, no keyboard, no mouse, but runs OK after pressing Power button).

So I tried to lower my RAM speed (from 3600Mhz to 3200Mhz), disabled XMP and ... voila, 3 days without any problem. 

As I said, it's a random issue so 3 days it's a not really a proof that the problem is solved ^^;

Hope this will help.

FYI : Motherboard - B550 Pro4 Asrock, Proc. - Ryzen 5 3600XT, CG - RX 5600XT, RAM - Crucial Ballistix 2x8Go 3600Mhz

1 Message

October 31st, 2020 22:00

Hello, I had the same issue and the issue is probably in BIOS if you have updated the firmware on your video card.

The solution is to disable legacy support for boot drives in BIOS, on my Asus motherboard it's called the CSM (Compatibility Support Module). Once I did this I was instantly able to boot into BIOS with the S2721DGF on the DisplayPort. Now be aware that once you do this you will not be able to select non-UEFI operating systems on your other hard drives as the boot source. Another upside is that disabling CSM shaves a few seconds off your boot time.

You can check if you're in UEFI by running msinfo.

If for some odd reasons Windows was not installed with UEFI, you will need to do a conversion and you'll have to read up on that yourself.

See this post for more information: 

Post Screen/BIOS doesn't display with DisplayPort - Graphics Cards - Linus Tech Tips

1 Message

October 3rd, 2021 11:00

I have the same issue.

I'm very glad I kept my old Dell monitor (P2417H) & have it attached as a second monitor.

Any reboots are showing on it  (cold boot, restart, etc) and I can hit delete to change the boot drive.

This is *very* important since I do 2 clone backups of my system drive each month and Acronis True Image is unreliable for me if I'm cloning the main system drive and it is currently the boot drive.

Can't believe that they didn't consider this on this otherwise great monitor for me so far.

No Events found!