Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 31st, 2018 10:00

SE2216HV, remove the stand, solved

In the User's Guide on page 21, it describes a process for removing the stand via a hole and inserted screwdriver. However, this version of the monitor has no hole of any kind, except for the big 2"+ decorative hole in the stand. I did try a flat-head screwdriver to lean the black flange of the monitor which appears to be holding the metal flange of the stand, but no amount of gentle wiggling or pulling will release the stand. Any body have any ideas? I need to re-box this monitor.

Thanks

8 Posts

November 2nd, 2018 19:00

This mystery is solved. Not via the manual. Maybe this is what they intended when they wrote the manual but they certainly had an issue with perspective when they created that illustration. This is what solved it. You may need a piece of stiff wire vs. a skinny screwdriver and likely a bright light shining directly into the gap between the top of the riser where it meets the edge of the monitor. In fact, in my 3rd/last pic I believe that is the reluctant little nipple you need to press to release the riser. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb4LBN02sRE

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

October 31st, 2018 14:00

(1) On a desk, lay the monitor panel side down on a towel. The stand base is hanging over the edge of the desk

(2) In this configuration, try to remove the stand base from stand riser. Then the stand riser from the panel

8 Posts

November 1st, 2018 05:00

The stand base came off easily. The riser is the problem. I refer, again, to the OP. The manual's instructions for this monitor do not match the physical properties of the monitor. There is no hole to insert any thing like a thin screwdriver. I have pictures but there's no way to post them here?

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

November 1st, 2018 06:00

* Click Reply
* Click the Photos icon in the top bar

Photos.JPG

* Attach the pictures
* Click Post

8 Posts

November 1st, 2018 18:00

thanks Chris -- I usually use Firefox -- and that icon bar does not show there.  Here's the pics.

riser into monitor top down -- where's the hole?

8 Posts

black flange is manipulalbe but doesnt' release the metal stand flangeblack flange is manipulalbe but doesnt' release the metal stand flangeIMG_0089.JPGIMG_0087.JPG

Well, that's better, tried again, got a completely different dialog this time.

8 Posts

Well, apparently, that didn't go well. Should I post another topic on why images don't appear, only the description? I got no error messages when I typed in the location (b:\temp\img_0088.jpg etc), no obvious effect that the upload was successful either.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

November 2nd, 2018 14:00

I have emailed the Display Team for advice. But most likely will not hear anything until Monday. You had mentioned boxing it up. Is there a way to cut the styrofoam to allow room for the riser and the panel in the box?

No Events found!