Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

October 27th, 2012 23:00

ST2310B, Ebay, Red/Green Line

Seeking advice as I have no idea where to contact. There's no more Dell store at Ebay from where I bought this monitor. I even don't know if this monitor has 3 years warranty! Where shall I contact?How would I know if my monitor is under warranty ?

3 Apprentice

• 

710 Posts

October 28th, 2012 06:00

Hi Prasanta,

The display issue that you are experiencing on the monitor may be due to a monitor problem, corrupt settings of the monitor or due to corrupt video card drivers. Please try the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Please check the video cable
Ensure Video cable is functional/not damaged (broken/bent pins). Reseat monitor data cable (VGA , DVI, HDMI or Display Port).

2. Run the 'Built in Diagnostics' to check hardware functionality. You may find the following steps useful:
- Ensure that the screen is clean (no dust particles on the surface of the screen)
- Unplug the video cable(s) from the back of the computer or monitor. The monitor then goes into the self-test mode
- On the front panel, press and hold the shortcut key 1 and shortcut key 4 keys on the front panel, simultaneously for 2 seconds. A gray screen appears
Carefully inspect the screen for abnormalities

- Press the shortcut key 4 key on the front panel again. The color of the screen changes to red  
- Carefully inspect the screen for abnormalities
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 to inspect the display in green, blue, and white colored screens
- The test is complete when the white screen appears. To exit, press the first button again
(If you do not detect any screen abnormalities upon using the built-in diagnostic tool, the monitor is functioning properly; however if the test fails it means that the monitor has gone bad and needs replacement)

3. If the test passes, run OSD factory reset
If the self - test passes, connect the monitor video cable back to a computer. If you get a display (even for some time), please follow the steps listed below to reset the monitor settings back to factory defaults.
- Under OSD menu options, please navigate to 'Other Settings'
- Select 'Factory Reset' and re-check

4. If the issue persists, run MS Fix-It
Solve Windows display quality issues: http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Windows_Display_Quality_Diagnostics/

5. If you still experience the issue, the issue is related to re-install Video Card driver in your computer; the drivers may be corrupt and may need re-intallation.

I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide the 'monitor's serial number' and 'Account Holder's name' so I may access your monitor records and provide you the warranty information. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message. You may find the following image useful to locate the 'serial number of the monitor'

Hope this helps. Do reply if you have any further questions. I would be glad to assist.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

October 29th, 2012 08:00

prasanta_raj,

It will be difficult for us to validate the purchased warranty if you cannot re-contact the seller...

Go back to the top of the Monitors Forum and open the announcement, "Dell monitor not purchased from Dell directly. What is my warranty?".

No Events found!