Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

January 15th, 2018 20:00

ST2410, PS4, HDMI does not work

Hi,

I got an old Dell ST2410 monitor that's been a good workhorse for my pc and my old xbox 360 console. It worked fine for both systems, the pc using the dvi connection and the xbox using the hdmi. I recently purchased a ps4 pro and connected the supplied sony hdmi cable but the ST2410 seems to be not working. It did not show any display and sound. I tried a different monitor, an old LG, to test which one is the culprit and the other monitor worked fine, with sounds and graphics. The ST2410 still works fine with the pc though, just not with the ps4 hdmi connection.

I unplugged/plugged the connections, tried doing safe mode on the ps4 and checked the source connection from the ST2410's buttons but all in vain. Is there anyone who knows how to work around my problem? I don't want to buy a new monitor for this. Thank you in advance!

Best,

b

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

January 16th, 2018 07:00

Test the ST2410 HDMI in port on the PC HDMI out port and the Xbox 360 HDMI out port. If the ST2410 works, the fault is not with the ST2410 HDMI in port. The fault lies with the PS4. You should then post on the PS4 Forum and ask other users if they have seen this issue.

2 Posts

January 17th, 2018 18:00

Thanks Chris! I'll try your advice and see if it works.

No Events found!