Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 12th, 2010 07:00

ST2410 Power Save mode when using HDMI

I just received my Dell XPS8100 on Friday.

When I first booted up my computer I was using an HDMI cable from the PC to the monitor(DELL ST2410). With no other cables plugged into the PC or monitor. After performing my first reboot my monitor could not detect a signal from my PC on the HDMI. As a result, it went into power save mode.

I then tried to use the VGA cable (with VGA->adapter provided) and it worked.

I bought a system with an ATI Radeon 5770 video card. The drivers are all up to date.

No matter what I do, I cannot get the HDMI link to work. I know I could just use the VGA cable. But I want to ensure I don't have any faulty hardware.

Any thoughts?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

April 16th, 2010 15:00

* Power both off
* Disconnect the VGA
* Reconnect the HDMI to both
* Turn the monitor on, then the PC
* Press the monitor Input Source Select button and choose HDMI. What happens?

2 Posts

October 13th, 2010 21:00

I did this... Still goes in to power saving mode. I am using the ST2410 as a secondary monitor for my studio 14... HELP!

3 Posts

October 16th, 2010 12:00

I get the same problem when the system either 'wakes up' from power save mode or boots up.  I get a message on the monitor saying 'No HDMI cable'. 

The input source on the monitor is set to HDMI.

I have a Studio 9000, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 using the HDMI-DVI adapter that came with the system.

What is the point in having a Blu-Ray drive when I can't connect the monitor using HDMI?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

October 18th, 2010 11:00

All your doing is send video out of the DVI into the monitor HDMI. Neither your PC nor your video card have an HDMI out jack to send video and audio to the monitor. So lose the DVI to HDMI adapter and go straight video card DVI to monitor DVI.

If you want to send both video and audio out of the PC into the monitor HDMI, you need a video card that has an HDMI out jack. This Dell video card would work:
HWHRN AMD HD 5670 M206

No Events found!