Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 21st, 2011 15:00

SX2210 Menu Problems

Hello, 

I've had my SX2210 for shy of a year now, and randomly the monitor's menu will pop up, and start to navigate itself. Often times it just goes to adjust the brightness, but never changes anything. When it pulls its own menu up, the buttons on the side don't respond at all, eventually it times out and I can go back to what I was working on. 

The monitor will respond appropriately to button pushes when I initiate them, but it gets distracting to have the monitor pull its own menu up about once every 15 minutes. 

Does anyone know of a fix for this?

Thanks in advance, 

~

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

June 23rd, 2011 19:00

Reset it.

* Power off the monitor
* Disconnect the power cord from the monitor
* Disconnect all monitor cords from the PC (USB, DVI, VGA, DisplayPort, HDMI, etc.)
* While disconnected, press and hold the monitor power button down for 5 seconds
* Reconnect the DVI cord to the monitor and to the PC video card
* Reconnect the power cord to the monitor
* Power on the monitor if it does not power on by itself
* Power on the PC
* Press the monitor Input Source Select button and choose DVI

4 Posts

December 20th, 2011 11:00

I've had the same problem for over 6 months.  Your fix not only did not help, but it would be something I'd have to do every day.  Today seems to be the last day my computer is under warranty, so I guess I won't have time to do anything about getting it repaired.

Fortunately, I have found that flicking my finger to the plastic part just above the power button will "fix" this without doing the above "help."  I guess some connection is loose inside.  Maybe one day the monitor will fail and I'll have to buy a new one. I guess it won't be a Dell Monitor.

4 Posts

April 26th, 2012 10:00

Well, it finally happened.  Flicking the monitor no longer works, and the monitor adjustment menu keeps going and going.  Unplugging it does nothing.  Now my monitor is useless.  I have to say that I am very disappointed in this product.  My first computer was a Dell, and it's all I've ever bought.  None of my 5 other Dell computers ever gave me any trouble, that's why I've stayed a loyal customer.  This last Dell has given me the "Blue Screen of Death" at least 10 times since I bought it, and now I have to get a new monitor.  This may be my last Dell purchase.

4 Posts

April 26th, 2012 12:00

So anyway, I decided to take my monitor apart, since it is out of warranty, just to see if there is a loose part or something.  I notice that the wire strips connecting the power button and the monitor adjustment buttons to the boards were twisted enough to probably cause a short or something.  I'm looking to replace them myself, but it seems Dell does not sell these parts to their customers.

No Events found!