Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 26th, 2011 01:00

SX2210 web cam issue with Inspiron n5010 laptop.

I have a Dell Inspiron n5010 laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium sp1. The laptop is docked via a Toshbia Dynadock U docking station. Then connected to the SSX2210 monitor via a VGA cable as well as an USB a to b wire (for the web cam).  Everything works fine except for when I plug in the SX2210's web cam usb wire into the docking station, here's what happens:

I get a pop up window saying, "Maximum Hub Number Surpassed". If I ignore this, everything works fine and there are no issues. When I look into the Devices and Printers window, I see the web cam icon with a small yellow triangle on it. Also, when I look into the Device Manager window, I see the "Generic USB Hub" icon with a yellow triangle as well. When I click on the properties I am seeing that it is a, "Device Cannot Start (Code 10)" error. Googling this error message, it suggests a corrupt driver.

The web cam functions just fine and I have updated the drivers for it via the Dell website and Windows tells me the drivers are the latest. I have definitely isolated the web cam wire as the problem. I even bought a more expensive USB a to b wire just to be sure it isn't the wire itself. I feel it has to do with the generic usb driver being corrupt and unable to shut down the device. When I try to "undock" the program will not allow me to do so because the web cam wire cannot be shut down. If I go ahead and undock, I get the blue screen of death. If I try disabling the web cam or the generic usb hub, I get the blue screen of death again.

Right now, every time I have to undock..I have to shut down the computer to avoid the BSOD. My docking station has no problems undocking from a printer, an external hard drive, a USB/VGA/video adapter connected monitor, wireless mouse/key, and a vga connected sx2210 monitor. It just cannot shut down the web cam.

The BSOD message reads this:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

blah, blah, blah...

Tech Info: ***STOP: 0x0000000A (0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000002, 0xFFFFF8000328B7DS)

I am using the following web cam drivers: R230097 (Monitor) and R230103 (Web Cam)

Note that I have also tried this without the docking station by connecting my laptop's VGA and one USB port directly to the SX2210. It's just that I cannot disconnect without shutting down, I will always get the BSOD. I have googled everything and I think I need a driver for the generic USB hub? Help?

March 28th, 2011 18:00

Hello? Anyone?? Bueller??

2 Posts

October 26th, 2012 00:00

Please help to start my web cam. i have not driver for the same

No Events found!