Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

W

December 30th, 2007 05:00

Samsung SyncMaster 2220WM - auto adjust not working?

I have installed the driver and attempted to optimize display settings for the monitor above which I just got with an Inspiron 530. I can adjust everything it seems except for the "auto adjust". When I use that button I get a message that "auto adjustment not available". The OSD is not locked and everything else, including magic bright appears to be working fine. After years of using CRT monitors I'm unfamiliar enough with LCDs that I wanted to see if auto adjustment would give me a better picture quality. What bothers me the most is the fuzziness of text. I've played with contrast, etc. but it still isn't quite as sharp as I'd like it to be.

The manual has been no use (except to tell you what button to push, which I've tried). Any ideas why it would not be "available"?

2K Posts

December 30th, 2007 05:00

Are you connected via DVI? Auto-adjust is for analog connections.

Try adjusting ClearType for the text.

Are you using the native resolution?

Message Edited by gpro on 12-30-2007 01:39 AM

2 Posts

December 30th, 2007 14:00

Thanks so much, GPro! I didn't see anything in the documentation about auto adjust only being for analog. That would have cleared things right up. I installed the Clear Type Tuner and text looks much better. I did have Clear Type enabled at least as of a day or so ago, but somehow it managed to disable itself. I'm not sure how that happened. I've installed a bunch of new programs and run the new Dell PC Tuneup, but I don't knopw if that would have disabled Clear Type.

At any rate, much improved! I love the new screen real estate I have too on this wide screen.

I appreciate your prompt assistance. :)

Wendy
No Events found!