Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 20th, 2013 08:00

U2312HM, "brighter" pixel problem

I have recently purchased two Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM monitors from Dell Canada website but I have noticed one has a strange problem, there is a small area of the screen (two very small spots to be precise) where the luminosity of the pixels is higher than it should be. Please note I am NOT talking about bright/stuck pixels as these pixels change colors normally, but are simply brighter. This can be easily noticed when background is solid white, but is present with any color (red/green/blue). Some pictures (sorry for bad quality, it's not clear on the pictures but with naked eye is very annoying):
http://imgur.com/a/iaYDk

http://imgur.com/MIAKlKB

The strange thing is that this "brighter" area seems to be "behind" the lcd screen itself and "moves" if I change my perspective by moving my head (seems like a "hole" in the panel). I would like to know if this monitor can be replaced and what should I do to start the procedure?

Thanks

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

November 21st, 2013 08:00

Have I to ship my monitor back or will Dell pay for the shipping?
* As long as you have warranty, we pay the shipping.

I am outside of the 30 days, so I will receive a refurbished/used monitor if I have understood correctly. I am not very familiar with refurbished items and I wouldn't like to receive a monitor in worse conditions than mine (in terms of scratches, defective pixels, etc.).
* You get the next one in the queue. They do not look for good, better, or best.

I know, for instance, that the more a monitor is used the more panel color output gets worse. What is the difference in this sense between a refurbished/used monitor and a new one?
* There is no way to answer this.  

If I am not happy with the refurbished monitor can I change it again?
* Yes. You simply go through the whole process to get another used exchange.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

November 20th, 2013 11:00

Rick332,

Because your monitor only has an attached Dell Order number and not a Dell Service Tag number, contact Dell Customer Support for your country. Provide to them the following data so they can setup a like for like monitor exchange =
Email Address:
Name:
Shipping Address:
Phone number:
Monitor Order number:
Monitor 20 digit alphanumeric PPID serial number:
Reason:
Note: Once outside of the initial 30 days from the original invoice date, the replacement will be a refurbished/used monitor

3 Posts

November 20th, 2013 11:00

Thanks Chris

just some additional questions about replacement procedure:

1) Have I to ship my monitor back or will Dell pay for the shipping ?

2) I am outside of the 30 days, so I will receive a refurbished/used monitor if I have understood correctly.
I am not very familiar with refurbished items and I wouldn't like to receive a monitor in worse conditions than mine (in terms of scratches, defective pixels, etc.).

I know, for instance, that the more a monitor is used the more panel color output gets worse. What is the difference in this sense between a refurbished/used monitor and a new one ? If I am not happy with the refurbished monitor can I change it again ?

Thanks

3 Posts

November 22nd, 2013 09:00

Thanks Chris for answering all my questions

No Events found!