Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 4th, 2010 14:00

U2410 Backlight bleed

About five days ago i received my U2410f A02 (produced August 2010) and i was very happy with it until i discovered some backlight bleeding on the lower left corner and the top left area of the monitor. I have been searching a lot regarding this problem with the U2410 but has only come across a few other people with the issue, for example:

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/peripherals/f/3529/p/19322698/19659402.aspx#19659402 (he even has backlight bleeding on the top left area exactly where i have too)

What i would like to know is if the degree of backlight bleeding on my monitor is uncommon for the U2410, and whether it would be worth the risk to get a replacement if it has a big chance of having the same issue and if i would be guaranteed to get a rev A02 again if i get a replacement? Everything else regarding the monitor is fine, so i obviously don't want to risk getting a used rev A00 with tint issues or something as a replacement, but at the same time this backlight bleed is fairly annoying during movies with or even without black borders. Here are a bunch of pictures taken in standard mode on a black screen and during movies:

http://s958.photobucket.com/albums/ae69/Montinovich/

So basically, is this amount of bleed rare on this monitor, or do i run the risk of going through five more U2410's before i get one that is pleasing, and can i even be sure to get a rev A02 if i do replace it? My guess would be that it is unusual for the U2410 to have this much bleed as i haven't found much info on the subject.

Hope to hear from you soon :) 

Morten, Denmark

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

October 4th, 2010 22:00

That is within manufacturer specification.

October 4th, 2010 23:00

So this amount of bleed is normal? That's pretty disturbing to hear, as it really jumps in your eyes during movies. Fortunately i am still within the 14 days of purchase at least, honestly i thought this was a manufacturer fault, pretty disappointed to hear this is normal as it is otherwise a great monitor, and i kinda expect a monitor in this price range to not have a fault like this. Anyways, thanks for the reply.

No Events found!