Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 9th, 2013 14:00

U2410 Capacitor popped

I have a U2410 attached to a GTX 460 and a UPS power supply.  As I was using it just now, it suddenly started making a buzzing noise which got louder for a few seconds, followed by a loud pop and the screen going black.  Then the screen immediately came back on and seems to be working fine.  I'm pretty sure it was a capacitor popping.  None of my other devices connected to the UPS had any issue, so it wasn't due to any power surge.

Is this something that I should be worried about?  Are there any safety concerns if I keep using it?  From what I can tell, the screen is still working fine.

I've been using this monitor for about a year, but since I got it new but not straight from Dell, I don't have the service tag info on it (since it seems service tags aren't included on the U2410 itself), so apparently can't contact support on it.

Thanks

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

March 9th, 2013 14:00

Monitors are never repaired, only replaced. Even if you bought from a retailer, Dell warranty still covers it if still under warranty.

2 Posts

March 10th, 2013 03:00

the monitor worked fine for most of the day, but now it won't power on :(  I guess I have to try somehow to figure out if its still under warranty

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

March 13th, 2013 07:00

steveoh7,

* Dell monitors smaller than 27" do not have a Dell service tag number. If purchased directly from us, we would have created a Dell Order number tying you to the monitor. Since you bought from a 3rd party seller, this complicates matters. Contact Dell Order Support for your country via phone. They will need to contact the Dell Tag Team through internal Chat while you are on the phone with them. Provide the following information to the Order Support representative so they can feed the data to the Dell Tag Team -
Brick or Online Store =
Purchase date =
Monitor Model =
Monitor Part number =
Monitor 20 digit PPID alpha-numeric number =
[Your]
Email =
Name =
Shipping Address =
Phone =
* The Tag Team will then create a unique Dell Order number tying you to the monitor PPID number. Once all that is completed, Dell Order Support can then issue a monitor exchange based off of the newly created Dell order number

No Events found!