Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 7th, 2010 09:00

U2410, fails to switch on, power reset it

Hi,

I have a U2410 monitor which occasionally fails to power up. I often switch off the monitor using the power button bottom right and leave my PC running. Occasionally when I return to my monitor it will not switch on using the power button bottom right.

To workaround this problem I have to remove the power cable from the monitor and leave it for a couple of minutes before replacing the cable and the monitor then normally switches on ok.  By removing the cable I am effectively giving the monitor a power off / on reset. It is the monitor that requires the reset nothing to do with the PC or what drivers are installed or which DVI connection is used. 

The monitor is not connected to a switched outlet and the monitor unlike other monitors I have had has no isolation switch on board just the power button so removing the cable is the only way to reset this.

Is it a common problem?

Any possible fix?

I have had it longer than 21 days but I suspect less than 60 days.

Regards

Dez Ellis

1 Message

June 24th, 2015 15:00

Following Chris M's steps worked out great for me.  I too turned off my monitor, U2410f, after a long time of operation, returned from a trip, and was unable to power on the monitor.  I was very close to disassembling the monitor before stumbling upon these steps.  Thank you for sharing this method for restoring my monitor to operation.  

6 Posts

January 7th, 2010 14:00

Yep, I had the same problem on two of the U2410's I had, phone the support line and step aboard the rollercoaster ride that is Dell's replacement panel policy. 

All I can say, is that among other things, Dell's quality control is appaling.

1 Message

April 14th, 2010 11:00

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem:

When the monitor is switched off for several hours, it won't power on again unless the power cord is pulled out and then reconnected.
[2 out of 2 attempts - I have a new, though refurbished U2410 monitor for a day and a half].

Best Regards,
David Sirovsky.

9 Posts

July 27th, 2010 11:00

Yes, I have the same problem. Once my daughter switched off the monitor and it does not comes back after I switched it on. I had to remove the power line and left it for sometime and then it comes on after I reconnect the power cable.

What should I do? I have this new monitor for last 3-4 months.

Sandy

4 Posts

February 21st, 2011 18:00

I have a similar problem with my U2410 A00.

If I switch the monitor off using the power button it will not power on again. Even unplugging and replugging the power cord and waiting a few minutes makes no difference.

The only solution I have found is to leave the power cord unplugged for many hours and then plug it back in.

Is there a fix or firmware update for this problem?

I have a U2711 and U2311 which do not have this issue so it seem a problem with the U2410.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

February 22nd, 2011 18:00

* Disconnect EVERY cable (including the power cable) from the rear and side of the monitor
* Wait 5 minutes
* Press and hold in the monitor power button for 10 seconds, then release it
* Reconnect ONLY the power cable to the monitor
* Press the monitor power button. If the power button LED does not light up and nothing appears on screen, the monitor is faulty

4 Posts

February 22nd, 2011 22:00

No luck with the power button.

I'm arranging to have it replaced through Harris Technology, they just needed me to contact Dell first to deem that it was faulty. A shame really because when working the panel was brilliant.

Thanks for your help Chris.

4 Posts

February 27th, 2011 21:00

Hi Chris,

I think I spoke too soon as Harris Technolgy don't know the Service Tag number either and are attempting to find out what it is to claim the warranty on my behalf. I'm not even sure that they have the original Order Number.

It amazes me that the serial number is not enough as I would think that it would be unique to the hardware.

It is my understanding that monitors 24" and below do not have the Service Tag attached other than on the box (which has been thrown out sometime ago).

How do you proceed with a claim if you don't have access to the Service Tag or Order Number?

1 Message

February 28th, 2011 06:00

Similar issue here, except I can't get mine to turn on at all.  It is completely dead.

I was authorized a replacement on the 2-year advance replacement warranty on 23 December 2010 via cust supt chat.  On 31 Jan 2011, I contacted chat again, and they still had not shipped.  On 9 Feb, I called... and finally got my warranty item changed to status shipped.  Well, guess what- tomorrow is the first day of March, and Dell still has not been able to replace my monitor.  Do the math.  I am still at square one, which is a defective product on MY hands.

It looks like Dell is making me eat my $600, since the warranty service is broken, as in incompetent.  Too bad Dell's sales is top notch, but their service accessibility and competence is awful.  Making it look good today is more important than providing adequate support tomorrow must be the motto they live by.  I am at my wit's end.

To all of you who are trying to warranty your U2410 monitors, I wish you the best.  To the moderators of this forum, It would make my day if you initiated a private message session with me so I can give you the pertinent information to push forward.  The warranty period is 2 years, but I'm already out a fiscal quarter waiting for service.  Why offer a warranty at all if you can't come through with delivery?

4 Posts

March 3rd, 2011 03:00

Harris contacted Dell and once they got through they delivered another monitor to the store within 12 hours. So far it has been working well.

It looks like it was a Rev A01 but was flashed to a Rev A02 as I can just see under the sticker placed over the original revision.

Great job Dell.

No Events found!