Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 7th, 2009 22:00

U2410 - no issues out of the box.

To offer some balance (and I admit to some reservations prior to my purchase after reading the posts here) my "out of the box" experience with my 2410 has been positive. No dead or stuck pixels. No tint issues. Yes the sRGB blacks are grainy with the test pattern as noted in another post, but my prime use is gaming and day to day personal uses, not photo editing, etc. and I'm not seeing the effect in games to any extent. 

Games are a bit too washed out for my tastes with the "Gaming" preset but YMMV. I initially selected the "Warm" preset and everything displayed looked great except the white sand at night with moonlight in FC2 tended to look a bit pinkish. I've since set it to Adobe RGB and so far this works for my tastes. 

Having run test sessions of COD4 and 5, FC2, and Crysis Warhead as well, of note I've not seen even a hint of lag/smearing during the fast action. Then again I'm running with a E8400 OC'd to 3.9 GHz and (2) Evga 260-216 SC cards (stock speeds) SLI with the 182.50 XP driver.

FSX night flying is a joy to behold! The contrast between sky black and lights in buildings, cars, etc., is fantastic with the IPS panel. No, the blacks aren't as you get with a CRT, but much better than my 5 year old Dell 2001FP the U2410 replaced.

Text is a bit granier than with my 20" monitor when viewed up close, but then there are more pixels to push at 1920x1200 than 1600x1200. At normal viewing distance the difference is hardly noticeable.

Overall, the U2410 has lived up to the numerous positive reviews I read when researching this monitor. Oh, and I did opt for the 5 year warranty option, which at less than $70 more was a bargain in my opinion.

14 Posts

October 8th, 2009 07:00

So your U2410 doesn't have any tinting or bad uniformity? especially on lighter/white backgrounds? Wow thats good for you.

Just for statistical purposes, my two U2410s do not have tint issues either. 

2.1K Posts

So your U2410 doesn't have any tinting or bad uniformity? especially on lighter/white backgrounds? Wow thats good for you.

Nope. None.

October 12th, 2009 03:00

My second one is going back for the tint issue today.  Your two good ones encourage me to persevere.

2.1K Posts

October 12th, 2009 09:00

According to Dell Chris-M (moderator) there is an engineering revision in the works to address the tint issue per this forum post/link: http://en.community.dell.com/forums/t/19298252.aspx

As such, and as he has noted, you might want to hold off sending it back for a replacement until the revised monitors are in the supply chain if you can live with the problem for the time being. You can PM Chris about an ETA on the revision and to get your name on the replacement list if one is being tallied.

3 Posts

October 12th, 2009 12:00

According to Dell Chris-M (moderator) there is an engineering revision in the works to address the tint issue per this forum post/link: http://en.community.dell.com/forums/t/19298252.aspx

Wrong. Read that message again. New revision addresses sRGB & AdobeRGB dithering issue, not tint.

120 Posts

October 12th, 2009 12:00

Just wanted to chime in.  My U2410 is good as well.  No dead / stuck pixels, no odd tinting or backlight issues, and even in the Lagom LCD Test, I don't see any grainy-ness.

October 12th, 2009 13:00

Chris-M, does the revision adress the tint issue?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

October 12th, 2009 14:00

Checking.

No Events found!