Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 9th, 2013 05:00

U2412M Issue: Display Port: entering power save mode (mac possible FIX)

Have a Mac Pro 4,1 2.66 GHz Quad-Core w/ AMD Radeon HD 6870 2048MB - two Dell U2412M's attached one via DVI the other the DisplayPort. Everything worked great - for a while. Then the displays would not wake after being asleep, instead go into power off mode. Work around was disconnect everything. Power on before reconnecting one display.

Then I found the DVI connected monitor started going into power safe mode. Leaving me working with just the one.

Couple times both displays just blacked out. The GPU fan sounds like a plane losing altitude, fighting to stay airborne, when I have both displays attached. I thought the problem could be related to overheating of the GPU...(another issue)

If these symptoms sound familiar you may want to try going into the U2412M menu --> other settings ---> DDC/CI ---> disable

The "display data channel-command interface'. It allows the display to be adjusted via PC software.

Once I did everything seemed to return to normal. Only been a day... I thought I would share although I could be jumping the gun. 

I know a lot of ppl seem to have this issue. I didn't see any answers. Either way, Mac users have no need  to have it enabled.

2 Posts

November 18th, 2013 16:00

I have completely eliminated the problem. Turning the DDC off helped. However, the displays still had trouble getting out of sleep, if there was no activity for an extended period of time. Ended up, reverting my CUDA drivers back to 5.0.59. No problems for five days now.

No Events found!