Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

June 18th, 2018 13:00

U2412M, suddenly won't power on?

Good Evening

I'm hoping someone will be able to offer some advice. I have a U2412M, in good condition, that I have never had the slightest problem with. However this afternoon I discovered that it would not power on. The power button seems to have no effect. I've checked it's not a power cable issue (swapped with another, functioning device) and am now a bit out of ideas. Is there anything obvious I have missed? As far as I can tell there isn't a reset button or similar anywhere on the device.

I've looked at previous posts and can't find anything useful (other than the hope that it just magically gets better). Any help anyone could offer would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

June 18th, 2018 15:00

No, not a reset button. Try this =
* Turn the computer off
* Turn the U2412M off
* Disconnect all cables (including the power cable) from the rear and side of the U2412M
* If a mechanical monitor power button, press the button in for 10 seconds (clears any residual power in the circuits). If not a mechanical power button, just wait for 10 seconds
* Reconnect only the power cable to the U2412M
* Press the U2412M power button
- If the U2412M powers on and shows the "No cable" message, the U2412M is working. Power off. Reconnect the video cable to the U2412M and the computer. Turn the U2412M on, then the computer
- If the U2412M does not power on, it is faulty

No Events found!