Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

21 Posts

July 9th, 2019 14:00

U2412M, where can I search for drivers?

Hi,

I'm having a problem with reconnecting my U2412M monitor with a PC (reinstalled Vista Business 64 bit) originally 32 bit system. The monitor is not recognized and the original disk gives back a message that there is no 64 bit driver in the folder. Has anyone had the same in the past?  Is there somewhere I can view all the drivers for this monitor?

Thanks 

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

July 9th, 2019 14:00

* Open the sticky near the top of this Monitors board, "FAQ Monitor (updated 6/16/19)"
* Open, "How do I find the User's Guide, Drivers?"

21 Posts

July 9th, 2019 16:00

only the monitor is Dell so the diagnostics are not on board, the monitor's out of warranty. I have no mention of the monitor in the device manager list. The Display Adapter lists "Standard VGA graphics Adapter".
It the PCI Serial Port, PCI Simple Communications Controller and the SM Bus Controller all have exclamation marks. I installed a new driver but it is not in the device manager either. I have a users guide I'll have a look but I am thinking it.s a bad install. Thanks

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

July 10th, 2019 05:00

Sounds like the PC recently had the operating system re-installed. You need to search and install its Chipset and Video Card drivers.

21 Posts

July 10th, 2019 06:00

Thanks that sound promising, it seems like something major is missing from the OS. I'll look into this right away.

No Events found!