Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 16th, 2016 23:00

U2412MB DVI and displayport issue, only RGB is working.

Hi there, I have owned this monitor for a while using RGB most of the time. Earlier this year I switched to using displayport to connect to my dell laptop, works for a while, and one fine day just stopped detecting.

I had tried testing:

1) No issue with the cables I used

2) No issue with the laptop output

3) Both DVI and displayport is not functioning

4) An interesting obeservation was, I used a DVI-to-HDMI adaptor to join it to a blu-ray disc player. If I switched on the Samsung blu-ray player, the logo will appear on the screen for 0.5s and then goes to sleep mode.

I searched this old model I seen many people having similar issues from day one. but I am only starting to encounter the problem now. I would very much like to repair and keep this monitor instead of throw away creating environmental mess and buying a new one. So please help.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

November 17th, 2016 04:00

Hi rivelta,

I would suggest you to reduce the screen resolution on the computer on RGB connection and then connect the computer to the monitor using display port or DVI connection to check if issue reoccurs.

Also, reset the monitor to factory defaults to check if issue reoccurs.

5 Posts

November 17th, 2016 10:00

Thanks for the suggestion, didn't work, though one new observation:

Now that when I attached any cables (DVI/DISplayport), there will be notification sound from my laptop saying detected monitor, and attempt to display. However on the screen of the monitor still shows no signal.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

November 19th, 2016 22:00

Hi rivelta,

I would suggest you to check if the issue reoccurs with a different computer.

Also, check if the Input is selected has Disport port or DVI depending upon the input.

5 Posts

November 20th, 2016 19:00

Tried with output from:

2 different brands laptop with RGB, HDMI2DVI, HDMI2displayport

1 blu-ray player with  HDMI2DVI, HDMI2displayport

Nope, didn't work.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

November 21st, 2016 00:00

Hi Rivelta,

Please provide us the following details through private message. To send a private message, click on my name and send private message.

1. Name

2. Service tag of the monitor

3. Invoice copy of the purchase or Order number.

4. Region you are located

5. Address.

6. Phone number

No Events found!