Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

March 1st, 2013 23:00

U2413, RTC (response time compensation)

On the U2413, is there any way to turn off RTC?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

June 26th, 2013 12:00

We could not replicate the issue. Get your monitor replaced or returned.

29 Posts

June 26th, 2013 13:00

I have seen other ppl over the internet experiencing the same problems, so are all those defective monitors?

I have bought my unit from an online third party store (and I live in italy) what can I do?

29 Posts

June 26th, 2013 20:00

I'd like to buy this monitor again, actually three of them, however, are you sure this is a symptom of a defective and not due to the way  RTC is implemented? I bought 1, had it replaced 2 times with all the three having the same issues (RTC Inverse Ghosting) and Green/Red tint. As much as I hate the RTC ghosting, which I can live with, begrudgingly, I can't deal with looking at a screen that's green/red tinted. I can give you the serials of the monitors I returned to see what I mean (to see the RTC ghosting in action + tinting.)

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

June 27th, 2013 08:00

Once the monitors enter the hub, we cannot get based on serial number, so not necessary.

We cannot replicate the Forum scrolling issue. On your end the culprit is either our monitor, your video card port, your video card driver, or the chosen RGB profile...we do not know.

The random color shifts can be corrected by turning off the SVE.

RTC overdrive is a subjective complaint. It is not going away from a design point of view.

29 Posts

June 27th, 2013 08:00

>Once the monitors enter the hub, we cannot get based on serial number, so not necessary.

what?

>We cannot replicate the Forum scrolling issue. On your end the culprit is either our monitor, your video card port, your video card driver, or the chosen RGB profile...we do not know.

20% brightness, 50% contrast, Adobe RGB profile. I can't believe you cannot see greenish ghosting on forum scroll with this setup. And yes, it's more heavy with Adobe RGB profile, but that's the most important profile...

>The random color shifts can be corrected by turning off the SVE.

We are not talking about color shifts on a single, whole window, our color shifts are in the angles of the monitor or, in my case, in the bottom-left  part of the screen. This is "because" you do not certify color uniformity except from the center of the screen. But sometimes color uniformity is awful. I can post a pic if I am able to get a picture with the right colours. Useless to say, this is unacceptable from a $600 display.

>RTC overdrive is a subjective complaint. It is not going away from a design point of view.

Yes, but you could give us option to deactivate, or activate it only in the gaming profile...

thanks

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

June 27th, 2013 10:00

>Once the monitors enter the hub, we cannot get based on serial number, so not necessary.
what?
* You had offered to provide some serial numbers. But we cannot get those specifc monitors back form the hub to look at so the serial numbers were not needed.

>We cannot replicate the Forum scrolling issue. On your end the culprit is either our monitor, your video card port, your video card driver, or the chosen RGB profile...we do not know.
20% brightness, 50% contrast, Adobe RGB profile. I can't believe you cannot see greenish ghosting on forum scroll with this setup. And yes, it's more heavy with Adobe RGB profile, but that's the most important profile.
* We tested it on several U2413s using multiple computers. We never saw the issue.

>RTC overdrive is a subjective complaint. It is not going away from a design point of view.
Yes, but you could give us option to deactivate, or activate it only in the gaming profile.
* We could but we will not.

I would contact Order Support for your country and return the monitor. It is obviously not a "fit" for you.

2 Posts

July 1st, 2013 07:00

Sorry, but I have to confirm the same scrolling issue at the brand new U2413 SN# CN0FN8FY728722C7C5NL. It seem's to be a generic problem of most U2413 monitors, because the effects of to strong RTC overshooting (dark to bright) was observed and reported also at TFT Central and PRAD.de reviews:

www.tftcentral.co.uk/.../dell_u2413.htm

www.prad.de/.../test-dell-u2413-teil14.html

The same by adobepro proposed solution helps also exactly the same way here. At 38 contrast level and lower, the scrolling issue vanishes. But then we still have a crippled monitor one way or another.

I strongly hope, that DELL will listen and prepare firmware upgrade with the solution. IMHO the best way would be to have user selectable level of RTC overshooting with max at the game mode and min or nil at all others as default.

Tested on:

- Intel MB DQ67SW with on-board GPU and on DVI and miniDP cables (same results)

- Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H with on-board GPU and DVI cable (same problem)

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

July 1st, 2013 09:00

That option will not be made available on this series of monitors. Perhaps the next series.

6 Posts

July 5th, 2013 06:00

So if its not going to be fixed then, we all will not be buying dell monitors ever again and we all will be getting refunds.

29 Posts

July 5th, 2013 06:00

Does anyone know if is that possible to have refund for monitors bought from a third party e-shop?

29 Posts

July 5th, 2013 07:00

It has already been replied, the reply is NO. I suspect is not technically possible in the current version of monitor, or, perhaps, we are really getting defective units. Probably if the % of defective units will grow upon a certain level, they will think  for a solution. At this moment I am uncertain on what to do: i have not bought directly from Dell and i suspect getting a replacement unit will be a nightmare. And, worst of all, I have no guarantee the new unit will not be the same (to tell the truth, it will be most likely the same).

2 Posts

July 5th, 2013 07:00

@DELL-Chris M

I will put my question differently. Will Dell solve the RTC overshooting issue with a newer firmware, which will be available for download to all owners of U2413 and when? I sincerely expect that from premium brand like Dell and for such pro-sumer type of monitor.

No Events found!