Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 10th, 2015 08:00

U2413, Windows 10, Calibration issues

Dell UltraSharp Calibration Solution 1.5.8 is no longer hardware calibrating my U2413 under just updated Windows 10. Dell UltraSharp Calibration Solution acts like normal X-Rite i1Display Pro Calibration Software. After updating to Windows 10, Dell Ultrasharp Calibration Solution won't hardware calibrate my U2413 anymore. It just acts like common X-Rite software and don't offer CAL1 ou CAL2 calibration.

Windows 10
U2413
nVidia GTX 960

3 Apprentice

• 

725 Posts

August 28th, 2015 00:00

Adriano.ol, your first statement is incorrect.

Even with software made by dell not by Xrite , all Spyder4/5 won't be able to calibrate a GB-LED, not matter if it's a dlell, an Eizo, a NEC.... etc. Spiders driver lacks of support for GB-LED backlight. Same applies for ColorMunki Photo toys which are HIGHLY inaccurate devices. Same applies to old Spyder2/3 & i1Display2 which are not able to properly measure even a WLED.

It would be a "FAKE" if Dell advertised that their software allowed that kind of inaccurate and defective devices "to properly calibrate" a GB-LED monitors. That kind of false advertisement is done by LG, NEC, Eizo...

For LED display, i1displaypro is the CHEAPEST way to go (more accurate than i1Pros) unless you go to lab grade equipment. It does not matter if you calibrate in its internal LUT or calibrate in GPU LUTs with ArgyllCMS, same issues with such innacurate devices will apply.

Anyway,  W10 issues MUST be fixed by Xrite & Dell

47 Posts

September 11th, 2015 02:00

Hello

Sorry for delay.

U2413 works flawlessly (hardware calibration included) in Windows 10 with DCCS 1.5.3. BUT only with 1.5.3, not with 1.5.7 nor 1.5.8.

The reason why versions above 1.5.3 are not recognizing the hardware calibration ability of the U2413 under Windows 10, seems to me:

1. Omission/Bug?

2. Shameful sales policy from DELL to push their UHD Premiercolor monitors, which BTW lots of Customers don't want for technical/compatibility reasons?

3. Incompatibility with some modifications to DCCS. Not credible.

I am afraid -as usual in these cases-, that DELL will not push things too much (nothing?) to solve that. I think they have decided somehow that it is not worth to milk more the U2413, so they are not going to do anything. Gone are the smiles and cares to U2413 customers. No milk, stop support from today forward (you will keep supporting U2413 until today specs, of course you will do).

I am more than glad to be wrong, though! But if someone from DELL thinks I am wrong and want to prove that, please don't argue as it would be useless: if you want to show everybody that I am wrong there is only one thing to do: to show the support/development of U2413 to be 100% operative under Windows 10, and that includes of course, hardware calibration with new DCCS versions.

Sorry for this rant, but I like thinks clear and honest.

47 Posts

September 11th, 2015 03:00

Repeated post.

September 17th, 2015 07:00

I have the same problem with the U2713h bought in June 2013 using windows 10.
Is the U2713h also discontinued like u2413?
I hope that you will do something because I put more than 1000 US$ on the U2713h and X-Rite HW tool to use the internal calibration (cal1 and cal2)!
Salvo

3 Apprentice

• 

725 Posts

September 17th, 2015 08:00

Read "Posted by Darkblueskyon 11 Sep 2015 2:52 AM" message, try with DCCS 1.5.3

3 Apprentice

• 

725 Posts

September 17th, 2015 09:00

There should be a "Connection.log" in W10 user folders akin to W7 folder c:\users\__MY_NAME__\AppData\ SOMETHING \ Dell color Calibration Solution.

DCCS ask twice for serial no.: USB command and DDC/CI command. Success or failure of that commands and serial no comparison (or other errors) should be in that log file.

Look for it and send it to dell... but Dell support on this subject seems to be non existent will all models.

September 17th, 2015 09:00

On windows 10, DCCS 1.5.3 is not able to detect my monitor (U2713H) connected to my desktop computer. It asks to connect the USB cable between the monitor and the desktop. Tried to unplug plug, unplug, plug again the cable but always the same result. (tested yesterday).

On 1.5.8 no problems with the USB Cable but said something like that 2 seconds after starting the calibration process:

(I try to translate from french)

"impossible to define the screen adjustment (CAL1 or Cal2)

Communication error with the screen

Check the USB connection

Stop the monitor , restart the monitor and restart the application

"

Perhaps a version between 1.5.3 and 1.5.8 works (1.5.7?) but not found a way to download it.

November 6th, 2015 15:00

That is the way they treat a customer. U2714h is an expensive monitor I just bought in 2014, but they do not support under win 10, who dare To buy any product from Dell?

1 Message

December 7th, 2015 03:00

Do we have an update on this subject? I´m very dissapointed about this problem, i recommed Dell to all my student and a lot of then have this problem,

If this problem dont solve soon i will consider to recomend another brand, but i like very much Dell quality and service.

I try one u2413 in a clean w10 with DCCS 1.5.3 (dont work) and latest version with no solution, always u2413 is show as DELF074.

I'm sorry for my English.

6 Posts

December 22nd, 2015 05:00

Same issues here.

9 Posts

January 15th, 2016 16:00

"Connection.log" is a blank page.

No Events found!