Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 12th, 2017 11:00

U2413, not recognized by DDM or DUCCS?

Bought a X-rite i1 display calibrator to be able to hardware calibrate my Dell u2413 Monitor but there seems to be a communication problem with win 10 even though there is a win 10 driver installed for the monitor. Is there a solution to this for win 10? Otherwise I don't have much us of the x-rite since im not interested in software calibration. Plz help? Monitor connected with Displayport and Usb connected to monitor via usb 3.0 port, (Tried 2.0 as well, no differance). Intel i7 930 2,8Ghz, 24GB RAM Win 10 Pro.

1 Message

February 12th, 2017 03:00

Just successfully calibrated my monitor after a long process with Dell Support. Two items to note:

(1) Dell support sent me following article to follow:
How to Properly Calibrate Dell U2413 / U2713H / U3014 Monitors

(2) Dell support also stated that for Windows 10, the X-Rite i1display Pro will only work with DUCCS (Dell Ultrasharp Color Calibration Solution) version 1.5.3. It will not work with 1.5.8 or newer versions. They provided the following link for version 1.5.3.

Do not upgrade the software to newer version and then try to calibrate the screen.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

January 12th, 2017 14:00

Is this a laptop or desktop computer? Model? Explain how the U2413 is connected to the computer. 

Did you install the Dell X-rite version or the retail X-rite version?

DDM is not calibration software.
* DDM will not work if using a video card DP/mDP out to a DVI/HDMI/VGA adapter/cable
* DDM is not supported when connected to a monitor via USB connection only (instead of DVI, DisplayPort etc.)
* The monitor USB upstream cable must be connected from the monitor to a USB port on the computer
* Remove any docking stations or cable extenders or converters between the monitor and the computer video port
* Open the monitor OSD (On Screen Display) -Others and enable DDC/CI
* Open the monitor OSD -Display and disable DP 1.2 or MST
* Be sure to check and install the latest video card driver (AMD, Intel, Nvidia)

6 Posts

January 12th, 2017 15:00

It's a desktop computer. It's connected with DP to mDP on the monitor. Usb 3 to usb input on the Monitor connected.

I went trough your checklist and by disabling dp 1.2 I now get  DDM to recognize the screen =), However Dell X-rite software still dosen't =(.

* DDM will not work if using a video card DP/mDP out to a DVI/HDMI/VGA adapter/cable

No adapers.

* DDM is not supported when connected to a monitor via USB connection only (instead of DVI, DisplayPort etc.)

No usb adapters.

* The monitor USB upstream cable must be connected from the monitor to a USB port on the computer

Check.

* Remove any docking stations or cable extenders or converters between the monitor and the computer video port

Nothing of that sort connected...

* Open the monitor OSD (On Screen Display) -Others and enable DDC/CI

Check

* Open the monitor OSD -Display and disable DP 1.2 or MST

Check. (Got DDM to work)

* Be sure to check and install the latest video card driver (AMD, Intel, Nvidia)

Check.

6 Posts

January 13th, 2017 06:00

Read another post and tried v 1.5.3 and then got it working. :)

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

January 13th, 2017 06:00

If that version did not work, uninstall it, then reboot the computer. Then test this version.

234 Posts

January 14th, 2017 15:00

A lot of the U2x13 monitors won't work with DDM (or any other DDC/CI software) if DP1.2/MST is enabled in the OSD.

6 Posts

February 24th, 2017 05:00

After reviewing my calibration results i have realized that I was to quick in labeling my calibration as a success. Trying to calibrate to sRGB and rec 709 results in a strange bright low contrast look that is nowhere near accurate. I have managed to get a descent  calibration by applying a software calibration with Displaycal "ontop" of the hardware calibration. There is a huge differance in contrast/brightness when Displaycal adjustment is applied.

I've done a ton of recalibration and tinkering with DUCCS without getting any better results. Any ideas on what's not working?

WIn 10

dual screen setup

AOC @ 8bit 144hz via DP & Dell u2413 @ 10bit 60htz via supplyed DPcable (DP-DPmini in)

AMD rx 390x

No Events found!