Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 30th, 2013 15:00

U2413 ordered this week, received rev A00 (current rev is at least A02)

I ordered a U2413 monitor earlier this week and was surprised to receive today a rev A00 unit with a manufacture date of April 2013.  Since this monitor is currently on at least rev A02, I figured if I ordered it directly from Dell it would be the latest rev.  Needless to say, I very surprised that wasn't the case.  I'm returning this unit next week.  I'm still interested in buying an U2413, but only if I can get the latest rev -- how can I be sure to receive rev A02 or later?  (Btw, I sent my current order number and serial number to Chris M. via PM.)

9 Posts

September 10th, 2013 20:00

I purchased one last week and got it today, Sept 10, 2013.  It is rev A00, built in July 2013.  I am told Dell resets there rev numbers sometimes, for unknown reasons.  I understand one of the symptoms of the earlier problem was ghosting, which I do not see on mine.

9 Posts

September 10th, 2013 20:00

So what was your reply????  Should I worry about my new one also being an AOO, with a July 2013 manufacturing date?

2 Posts

September 10th, 2013 21:00

Chris M. of Dell told me that he'd been told we needed to order from Dell Home in order to be sure of getting the latest version.  So, I returned the one I'd ordered through the Dell "membership" program and re-ordered from Dell Home.  So, I was again surprised when Dell Home sent me a Rev. A00 unit with a manufacture date of July 2013.  At that point I couldn't believe they'd still be making Rev. A00 units in July and Chris subsequently confirmed they weren't.  He said he'd been told that the factory is not changing the label but they are "fixing" all units on their end. Perhaps they actually did reset to A00.  I tested mine and the USB 3.0 works fine and the inverse ghosting is not present.  So, I'm keeping #2 (the one made in July 2013).  Now it looks like the manufacture date -- rather than the rev number -- is the best way to make sure we received the improved units and not the early revisions with the problems.  I'd say your A00 with a July 2013 manufacturing date is probably fine, like mine is, but you should run some tests on it.

9 Posts

September 10th, 2013 22:00

Unfortunately, my A00 from July 2013 manufacture seems to have the same problems discussed elsewhere for that generation.  If they fixed it, I fear it was not universally fixed.  Mine will be going back I think.

9 Posts

September 16th, 2013 18:00

Just for the record, I ordered a replacement for my unit and again got a Rev A00 manufactured in July 2013.  However, this one seems to work fine....not ghosting or color distortions.  I am keeping it and happy with it.

1 Rookie

• 

48 Posts

September 17th, 2013 07:00

So second replacement doesn't suffer from these problems? Can you check for ghosting in all presets ( standard, custom, AdobeRGB )

Few members here confirmed ghosting but not in all preset modes.

Don't know what to think. maybe waiting is the best option.

9 Posts

September 17th, 2013 08:00

That is correct, I don't see any ghosting in my second unit despite it being a rev A00, with a July 2013 manufacturing date.  I checked the presets you requested, and several others.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

October 31st, 2013 14:00

Found it:

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/peripherals/f/3529/p/19526533/20455238.aspx#20455238

Still interested in hearing from happy u2413 owners with well-tested working models.

Edit:

Man, another locked thread.  :emotion-6:

So, has anyone actually received one of this A02 models? Maybe it's only "marked" on it's software revision menu?

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

October 31st, 2013 14:00

That is correct, I don't see any ghosting in my second unit despite it being a rev A00, with a July 2013 manufacturing date.  I checked the presets you requested, and several others.

As a user that got a bad one (you obviously know what to look for) and now a good one ... I'm sure you would agree that there should be a easier way to know if you are getting a good one or not.

@ Dell Chris M
... Maybe Chris_M can chime-in with updated proper markings?

So, it's now perfect? All modes, fast gaming, IPS panel uniformity, USB3, etc?
Did they add RTC control or just fixed it?

Still problems showing up:

My thread:

December 8th, 2013 07:00

@ Chris M

I just purchased (black friday) 2 U2413's.   First one came today with a manufacture date of May 2013, Revision A00.

I'm very hesitant to open this and have a monitor with problems.    I'd like to get this replaced for an A02.

Also, should I have any problems using this with the forthcoming MacPro via mini-display?

jon

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

December 8th, 2013 13:00

We cannot pick a specific revision number when exchanging. But, the newest one released in April 2013 is a new part number, XTXXK, and it is A00. The old part number, FJMKT, has revisions A00, A01, A02. So you do have the newest version (May 2013). We cannot speak to apple proprietary hardware and software because we do not test on it.

Some good data Chris, thanks.

So, when ordering, how do we order a the new version ... Dell UltraSharp u2413-XTXXK  ?

Edited.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

We cannot speak to apple proprietary hardware and software because we do not test on it.

@ Dell-Chris-M

Unfortunate. Maybe that could change? It's not like Apple makes a large selection (sizes, etc.) of Apple Monitors for use with their computers.

@ Jonstrasser

I can report my older UltraSharp u2410 works fine with my MacMini-2012 over DisplayPort. Generally, colors and operation is fine. Under Color, it lists u2410 as a Profile, but I'm not doing anything special with color or calibration at this time. Also, it's kinda new and I mainly do iOS development on this machine ... so I haven't tried any Mac games (high-end OpenGL, etc.) on it yet. Mavericks added better multi-monitor support.

I welcome any u2413 performance data you might be able to provide on either Apple/OSx or Windows. 

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

We cannot pick a specific revision number when exchanging. But, the newest one released in April 2013 is a new part number, XTXXK, and it is A00. The old part number, FJMKT, has revisions A00, A01, A02. So you do have the newest version (May 2013). We cannot speak to apple proprietary hardware and software because we do not test on it.

December 8th, 2013 14:00

That sounds good.   I'm waiting on the new MacPro - supposed to be released this month.    I'm mostly using it for video editing.

Reassuring that the version I have is actually the new one.

jon

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

December 9th, 2013 07:00

Tesla1856,

The displays team said that when ordering New from the Dell Sales site, it defaults to the new part number XTXXK. Now the Dell Outlet is a problem. You do not get to choose, you get the next one in the queue.

No Events found!