Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 30th, 2017 14:00

U2414H, DDM, Aero

Hello.

Is there a way for Dell Monitor Manager to coexist with Aero functionality of Windows 7?
When I enable "Easy Arrange" in Manager, not a single shortcut works (ex. winkey+arrows won't move windows) and snapping doesn't work.

Thanks,

Tom

3 Posts

February 1st, 2017 14:00

In fact, it doesn't matter. I've solved the issue by deleting DDM and installing full version of DisplayFusion. It has a "Split and padding" functionality that takes care of the splitting screen in grids without messing with Aero.

• 

17K Posts

January 31st, 2017 09:00

TOSULC,

I could not find anything specific to your question. Click the link below to see if any of the KB articles will help answer your question.

Aero Windows 7

3 Posts

February 1st, 2017 12:00

Hmm.

So I want to have "Easy arrange" functionality enabled, so I can arrange my windows in a specific positions (split in grids). On the other one, I want it to be without grids so I can use snapping and move windows with short keys that are possible on Windows 7.

No one with the same issues?

234 Posts

February 2nd, 2017 04:00

If you are comfortable editing the Windows registry, add the value "LeaveSnapAlone" to HKCU\Software\EnTech\DDM and set it to 1 (dword). Then restart DDM.

The concern was that Microsoft's Aero/Snap would conflict with Dell's Easy Arrange, so enabling the latter disables the former unless that registry switch is set.

1 Message

January 2nd, 2020 06:00

This works perfectly! Thanks. On Windows 10 also!

No Events found!