Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 24th, 2014 02:00

U2414H wrong resolution (640x480) after sleep

Hi,

I have bought a new DELL U2414H and I have it connected via mDP (Monitor) -> DP (GPU). The thing is, when my PC goes to sleep and I wake it up, the monitor is showing different resolution 640x480 and it's not recognized, it says Generic PNP monitor. Then I have to click recognize in screen resolution settings. I'm really disappointed as I have bought such an expensive monitor (at least for me) and this is happening. It's driving me crazy. Please help me with this :(

- I only have 1 monitor
- I have ASUS R9 270x graphics card with 14.4 drivers
- DP 1.2 is disabled
- tried factory reset ->nothing

I don't want to return it, the monitor itself is great but this is really annoying. :(( 

3 Posts

September 6th, 2014 12:00

I have a same thing with wrong resolution after sleep. I tried 14.7 beta drivers same thing. My card is Ati 6970 connected via original mini DP to DP cable., Win 8.1, U2414H Rev A01 from May 2014.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

September 6th, 2014 13:00

So two AMD Radeon video cards with the same issue. The U2414H has full size DP in and HDMI in. If the video cards have full size DP out, test a DP to DP cable. If the video cards have HDMI out, test a HDMI to HDMI cable. See if the issue is replicated.

3 Posts

September 6th, 2014 23:00

My card doesn't have a full size DP, only 2 miniDP (2 DVI and HDMI also). I tried before HDMI to HDMI and they work just fine, no wrong resolution (1280x720 in my case) from waking up like miniDP input on monitor.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

September 7th, 2014 13:00

Contact Dell Order Support Customer Service for your country. Give them your Dell order number, shipping address, phone, etc. Have them send you another DP to mDP cable to test, Dell part number JHF6D. Or, buy one at a local store and test it.

Remove the video card driver and test this older AMD Catalyst 13.12 driver.

1 Message

November 11th, 2016 09:00

I had the same problem. Pull out the power plug and press and hold down your thumb or finger over the power on symbol for 30 seconds. Then if need be delete the display driver and remove the files, and re-install to flush out all PC based config. I also downloaded the Dell monitor driver just for good measure, which is basically a config profile. I have two screens, now set at the same resolution and working as they should be!

No Events found!