Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 17th, 2016 04:00

U2414h noise when power off

Hello there.

I bought a U2414h just 2 days ago and last night when I powered it off after several hours of use (web browsing, games, etc.) I noticed that some sort of faint but still audible "buzz" or electrical "***" was coming out of the back of the monitor (it's easily noticeable if you put your ear next to it). All I did was simply powering it off using the power off button after shutting down the PC, nothing more.

Today I woke up and noticed the same noise is still there so I decided to ask here.

I just wanted to know if this is a normal thing for the monitor to do or if there is any sort of problem with my unit. Rev is A03 if that is of any use.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!

2 Posts

April 19th, 2016 05:00

I've noticed that this also happens when in power save mode. It's weird, best I can describe it's a kinda of electronic noise that seem to happen in a pattern like it was processing something coming from the back of the monitor. As soon as I turn the monitor on the noise stops.

Another weird thing is that I tried to unplug it after turning it off and it keeps making the noise for around 10 seconds before stopping :S

Can someone please give me some insight on this? I just want to know if I should return the unit while I still have the chance if this behaviour is indeed not normal.

Thanks again!

No Events found!