Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 16th, 2017 08:00

U2415 - The system has detected a link failure and cannot set the requested resolution and refresh rate

I've gone through 3 AMD driver versions with this computer and still get some slightly wonky behavior. Sometimes when coming back from 15 minute monitor auto-shut off Windows has a hard time setting the displays correctly and my icons move all over, very frustrating. I *suspect* thats a windows issue though.

I noticed a few driver versions ago the error message in the AMD control settings "The system has detected a link failure and cannot set the requested resolution and refresh rate" . Does anyone know if these two issues are related? Is there any way to get this error to go away?

DP 1.2 is set to disabled.

CN-OCFV9N-74261-67C-487L A03
*Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, Core i5 6600K, 16GB DDR4 Windows 8.1 64-bit Pro
 *AMD Radeon RX480
* I'm using miniDP to my Dell monitor and HDMI to my Nixeus 144hz monitor
* MiniDP connecting the Dell monitor and + USB3 to one of the rear USB 3.0 ports.
* Windows High Performance - Turn off display after 15 minutes. PCI Express power management Off
* 1920x1200 60hz
* This Monitor was purchased directly from Dell.

532 Posts

January 17th, 2017 14:00

Hi,

Welcome to our Community. Let us know what is the screen resolution set to the computer? You may consider re-installing the video drivers.

To download the video drivers you can access our support site by clicking here. Once you enter into the home page, enter the service tag in the service tag field. Once you enter the service tag and submit, on the left side of the page you have an option to click on drivers and download. Once you click on the option, you can download and install video drivers from the video section.

2 Posts

January 17th, 2017 22:00

The monitor is set to 1920x1200. I'm using the Dell monitor driver version 1.0.0.0 0 published 06/19/2014

532 Posts

January 18th, 2017 14:00

Hi,

Thank you for the update. Share the service tag, registered owner’s name of the system through a private message, so that we can check if there is any driver update for the monitor. To send a private message, click on my name and select ‘Send private message’.

No Events found!