Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 11th, 2015 01:00

U2515H, MBP, goes black for 1-2 seconds randomly

Hey there,

there is already a post about the same issue, but it appears to be closed. I use my U2515H with a Macbook Pro (early 2011, Radeon HD 6750M) connected via the MDP->DP cable. Sometimes the screen goes black for 1-2 seconds and I couldn't figure out any pattern when this happens. I disconnected the USB upstream cable as suggested by the previous post, which seemed to help at first, but it still happens from time to time. If I turn the monitor off and on again the problem seems to be solved. Any idea what's going on here?

2 Posts

June 29th, 2015 07:00

Hi hermau

Thanks for your post. I am having the same issue with my U2515H (hardware revision A01) which I bought about a week ago.

I am using the monitor with an oldish Asus EAH4890 graphics card. The card supports 2560x1440 resolution, though it only has DVI-D (dual-link) output ports. At the moment I am connecting via a DVI-D-to-HDMI conversion cable, which limits me to 2048x1152 resolution (different problem). I have been using the same video card for many years at 1920x1080 resolution with the DVI input on a Samsung 24" monitor with no issues. So the problem does not appear to be unique to the use of DP or MDP cables.

I am seeing the same screen blanking occasionally and randomly occur. Once it starts, it generally keeps on happening. I have found that briefly disconnecting the video cable at the the graphics card (DVI) end seems to cure the problem temporarily. The PC sees the disconnection and then re-detects the monitor when I reconnect the cable, and then all is well - for a while.

As you will have seen from the posts in the other thread(s), there has been some suggestion that the problem has to do with either the Dell Display Manager (DDM) software or the use of the USB hub on the monitor. I have DDM loaded and I have the supplied USB 3.0 cable connected from the USB 3.0 port on the monitor to a USB 2.0 port on my PC, though nothing is currently connected there.

Have you managed to find the cause of this issue, or do any of the above symptoms tie up with your experience ?

No Events found!