Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 25th, 2020 11:00

U2515H, getting DDM to work

1. Check the monitor's menu to make sure DDC/CI is enabled.

2. Update your graphics driver with one directly from the card's manufacturer.

3. Try a different connection type. HDMI works for sure. I read other posts that claimed that it did or did not work with certain cables. Dell says DDM (Dell Display Manager) supports DDC/CI on VGA, DVI, DP and HDMI, but not USB.

tldr:

I have a Dell U2515H monitor which supports DDC/CI, but I couldn't get DDM to work.  I got the message, "Check monitor OSD and connections to ensure DDC/CI is supported and enabled."  I did check the monitor's on screen display (under "Others") and DDC/CI was enabled. I called Dell tech support and they said DDM only worked on Dell PCs (I have an HP).  I thought that was kind of an incorrect answer. I have an Intel UHD 630 graphics card, which is also supposed to support DDC/CI. So, after a lot of googling I ended up at the Intel website where they had a graphics card driver that claimed to support features that OEM drivers didn't. After installing it, all features of DDM work. Perfectly!

• 

25.7K Posts

September 26th, 2020 05:00

Thanks for posting the troubleshooting and fix! We cannot mark the 1st post in a thread as an Accepted Solution, but we can mark the thread it self.

No Events found!