Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

O

April 19th, 2018 00:00

U2518D, MacBook Pro, Smart HDR greyed out, not available

Hi there

Need your help. I have the U2515H and bought new U2518D. Connected them to MacBook Pro. The U2518D increases colors saturation and brightness too much. I need to the same colors with U2515H. Maybe that's Dell HDR issue, but I can't turn off/on HDR toggle in monitor menu. Could you help me please? It's necessary for ios app design too much.clipboard_image_20a16f67e4aa99.jpgclipboard_image_20a16f67eb8d38.jpg

3 Apprentice

• 

1.2K Posts

April 19th, 2018 01:00

Hi, 

You can see on the U2518D operating system driver page that the U2518D was not tested/validated on the Apple proprietary hardware and operating system. All we can provide is "best guess" support. You should also ask the Apple users on the Apple Forum for troubleshooting help with their proprietary hardware and operating system.

On a Windows PC, Active HDR can be disabled from the display settings menu. If you press the menu button on the monitor to bring up the options you can then navigate down to Display. From within the Display menu you can adjust the dynamic contrast to see if that makes an improvement. If you still feel the HDR is affecting the saturation and brightness it can be disabled by selecting SMART HDR and setting it to off.

Here's the link to the user guide for further information

Alan

April 19th, 2018 01:00

thank you for a quick answer 

I tried but HDR toggle is unactive unfortunately 

see the attached video please 

sorry for russian language
I can upload video with better resolution if you want 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME97WEnA-1M

37 Posts

April 23rd, 2018 02:00

Hi ovodesign82,

The usage on the Apple proprietary hardware and operating system is out of scope for Dell. Thanks for the video showing your settings. Upon reviewing the video I noticed you are using a custom preset, dynamic contrast only works on the "Game" or "Movie" presets. Would it be possible to switch to one of these presets and test if you get more options? Would you also be able to test with MST off and could you let us know which model of MacBook Pro you are using so we can try to offer more specific advice?

Thanks,

Mick.

No Events found!