Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 24th, 2014 15:00

U2711 - Blank display

I have a U2711 (Rev A00) with a blank (not black) display.

Starting with just the completely unconnected monitor, I plugged in the power, and then pressed the power button.

After a second or two, the five button LEDs lit up sequentially from five to one, then unlit in reverse order.  The screen backlight appeared uniform across the display with the power on.

After a few moments with nothing happening, I pressed buttons 1 and 4 for a few seconds, hoping to kick it into the self diagnostics, but nothing appeared to happen.

I tried again by holding down buttons 1 and 4, and cycling the power.  When I did this, the power button and screen went dark, and the monitor would not power up again until after I had unplugged the power cord.

Is there some way to force a hard reset using the buttons?  Would that even address this situation?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

December 24th, 2014 22:00

The fact that the Self-Test floating dialog box (page 39) never appeared sounds like an internal monitor component has failed. Try this:
* Disconnect the power cable from the rear of the monitor
* Press and hold in the monitor power button for 8 seconds
* Reconnect just the power cable to the monitor
* Turn it on. If the Self-Test floating dialog box does not appear, the monitor is faulty

2 Posts

December 25th, 2014 21:00

I tried the procedure a a few times.  On one attempt, the dell logo actually appeared, and then a floating dialog box, but it disappeared, and returned to the blank screen. 

Looks like the monitor is faulty.  [:'(]    What are the repair options?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

December 26th, 2014 00:00

Dell does not repair monitors, sell monitor components, or have dis-assembly documentation. We simply replace the whole monitor while inside the purchased warranty period. You could take it to a local TV repair center to see if they can diagnose the issue. Then look for spare parts on ebay or craigslist.

No Events found!