Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 9th, 2014 17:00

U2713H Image noise and lines

I ordered a new 27" screen in the Boxing Day sales, good deal, but when I got it yesterday and set it up it has a lot of image noise and flickery lines. The image below is a comparison between the new 27" on the left and my current 24" on the right - the Dell site doesn't allow for large uploads, but you can see the strips on the left one that shouldn't be there.

This video better shows it with green lines and noise in the same image shown on the two screens.
http://instagram.com/p/i8l-fioq2j/

Has anyone seen this before? I have rang up for a replacement and am waiting a reply. I've tried DVI-D and DP using the supplied cable on two machines. PC with AMD 6870 and a MacBook Air 2013 i7 using the provided DP cable. Same noise in certain shades was evident in both.

January 9th, 2014 21:00

Contacted Dell support. A replacement is being shipped. Be interested to know if anyone else has seen this though.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

January 10th, 2014 08:00

homebrandcola,

Your link is asking us to log in? Repost it on youtube which doesn't require a log in. What specific 24" monitor is on the right?

Did you reset the U2713H to factory defaults?
While the computer and monitor are on,
* Press the monitor Menu button to open the OSD (On Screen Display)
* Open Other Settings- Factory Reset
* Choose Reset all settings
* Exit the OSD

Do you see the strips when running the U2713H BID (Built-in Diagnostic) which is independent of your computer, computer video card, and cabling?
* Turn the computer off
* Leave the monitor on
* Unplug all of the monitor cables from the back of the computer and the monitor except the monitor power cord
* The monitor then goes into the self-test mode
* Press and hold Button 1 and Button 4 on the monitor front panel simultaneously for 2 seconds
* A gray screen appears
* Press Button 4. The color of the screen changes to red
* Press Button 4. The color of the screen changes to green
* Press Button 4. The color of the screen changes to blue
* Press Button 4. The color of the screen changes to black
* Press Button 4. The color of the screen changes to white
* Press Button 4 to exit the test
If the monitor showed all of the colors correctly, the monitor is functioning. The issue is with either the video card, cabling, or the video card driver.

No Events found!