Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 29th, 2014 23:00

U2713H USB 3.0 not working - issue revised

For the benefit for anyone who is still having this trouble since 2013 (seriously?),  below is my personal update.   (For previous discussions, please search "U2713H REV4 USB 3.0 not working.")

The USB 3.0 ports and card reader of my 5th replacement U2713H (a refurbished A03) received Aug 2013 failed again in about 4 weeks time.  Figuring that Dell is probably just switching dead units with other not-yet-dead units,  I decided to do the wise thing - bought a separate USB hub and card reader and ditched the built-in ones.  Not a single problem since then.

If the problem still bother you I suggest you do the same - save you tons of time.

That being said, I just got the unit replaced again, to see if the issue is finally fixed by Dell.  I now get a U2713Hb Rev A07.  So far it has been running fine for 2 weeks.

I will update again if anyone is interested...

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

December 1st, 2014 08:00

Are you saying that the A07 card reader and USB ports seem to be working? I wonder if this would help the other users.

9 Posts

December 2nd, 2014 06:00

I think it's too early to say A07 is working - all my previous replacements worked for between 4 weeks to 2 months before they failed.  So if the A07 can last, say, 4 month, it's probably a valid solution.

Maybe other users can shed some light on this?

It's not the Card Reader driver though - when the USB ports are dead, they are completely dead (no response what-so-ever), and probably brought down the Card Reader together.  if Windows cannot see anything, drivers are probably not helpful.

No Events found!