Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 8th, 2013 12:00

U2713h Card Reader not working revision A01

My card reader doesn't work and I have seen previous posts regarding this but have not found the solution. Is this something I can fix or will the monitor need to be exchanged?

2 Intern

• 

280 Posts

August 8th, 2013 12:00

Hi mikeplunket,

We can try a couple of steps here and check if the card reader starts to work or not. First, disconnect the USB upstream cable from back of the computer's tower and the monitor as well. Then follow the steps below:

• Unplug all the preipherals from the computer (except mouse and keyboard)
  • Open Device Manager
  • Navigate to Universal Serial Bus, towards the end of the list. Expand it
  • Uninstall the USB root hub
  • Restart the computer
Here is an example of a USB root hub:
After the restart, plug the USB upstream cable to the tower and the monitor. USB root hubs will automatically install itself. Now check and see if the Card Reader works. Also does it happen that the USB ports on the monitor work but not the Card Reader?
Please reply with your findings. 

August 8th, 2013 14:00

I have followed these steps and still the card reader doesn't work. The USB ports work okay

2 Intern

• 

280 Posts

Hi mikeplunket,

Well if the USB ports are working, then its a clear indication that the Card Reader on the monitor seems to have gone bad because the USB ports and Card Reader communicate to the computer through the same upstream cable.

In such a situation, the whole monitor needs to be replaced. Also please share the Country you reside in.

If the monitor is still under warranty and if you have a copy of your invoice, then you can let me know and I can help you with the replacement.

Note: Do not post any information regarding to your monitor like order number or invoice number etc. here on the open forum.

Awaiting for your reply.

I am in England and bought the Monitor through Amazon only a couple of weeks ago, please let me know what I need to do

2 Intern

• 

280 Posts

August 8th, 2013 15:00

Hi mikeplunket,

Thank you for the information.

Please provide me the following details via private message (click my username and then click Start Conversation) so I may access your records and check for further course of action.
  • Purchase Date of the monitor
  • Monitor Part Number.
  • Monitor 20 digit PPID (Serial Number on the sticker) and also the Service Tag / Express Service Code (if its present on the sticker on the monitor)
  • Email Address. 
  • Owner's Name. 
  • Shipping Address. 
  • Phone Number. 
  • Best Time to reach you (with Time Zone)
No Events found!